Boat is put away

• sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

All done for the year. Cleaned up the Warrior yesterday, charged batteries, changed lower unit grease and put it in the back of the pole barn for hibernation. I put a lot of hours on it this summer and had a good season, but it’s time to change seasons.

hnd

my boat hasn’t seen water since may and its about the time of year where its starts to get most of its use.

Charles

Put away, man we still have 2 months left in the season for us northern people.

Dan Moeller
    Cedar Falls Iowa

All done for the year. Cleaned up the Warrior yesterday, charged batteries, changed lower unit grease and put it in the back of the pole barn for hibernation. I put a lot of hours on it this summer and had a good season, but it’s time to change seasons.

you have kids to lol.

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

My condolences. bawling

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Easier to do if your main lake is Mille Lacs and walleyes are now closed for the rest of the open water season….. bawling

-J.

Hoyt4
    NULL

Nice Sticker, was waiting for you to get that all done. It’s time to get ready to chase tail a week from this Saturday. Shoot some Geese when time is available.

Hung the last stand this weekend, plots are ready no time for fishing now unless it’s from shore in the afternoon before going into stand.

bigpike

With 95% of the terrorist’s (tourists) leaving yesterday, fishing season is just opening up for me. Boat will be put down around thanksgiving

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

Though I have no intention of putting a boat away I did take a gander at non resident mn deer license fees just now and was a little taken back. Unless I get the bug real bad… Shoot one for me! I think I’ll go fishing instead.

Enjoy your next season!

404 ERROR
    MN

I did take a gander at non resident mn deer license fees just now and was a little taken back.

Right back at you! $160 for a WI deer is too rich for this poor man. First time buyer in WI is nice, but you only get it once obviously…

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Easier to do if your main lake is Mille Lacs and walleyes are now closed for the rest of the open water season….. bawling

-J.

My fillet knife has been put away since winter. jester

glenn57
    cold spring mn

i got a couple boat dates left yet!!!!!!!!!!!

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

I never store my boat, winter fishing is the best. Barely a boat on the water and the pleasure boaters are nowhere to be seen. Also, the Croix with the leaves turning is absolutely beautiful!

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

. Also, the Croix with the leaves turning is absolutely beautiful!

Hard to explain the poop eating grin I get when I’m on the Croix in the fall heading full speed to a sturgeon spot and there isn’t a boat in sight.

You take in the scenery and realize just how close you are to the bazillions of people in the metro pounding pavement who are missing out. You realize your there lucky one and on comes the grin! Fishing quickly takes a back seat as you’ve already surpassed your expectations for the evening!

rschmidty

Hard to explain the poop eating grin I get when I’m on the Croix in the fall heading full speed to a sturgeon spot and there isn’t a boat in sight.

You take in the scenery and realize just how close you are to the bazillions of people in the metro pounding pavement who are missing out. You realize your there lucky one and on comes the grin! Fishing quickly takes a back seat as you’ve already surpassed your expectations for the evening!

This!

deertracker

Now that you will be heading to the hunting land more my chances of getting an Old World pizza just went up. yay
    DT

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

People put their boats away?
    doah

…I’m fortunate they do – as that leaves more water, fish, and serenity for myself!

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

My boat usually gets put away around Halloween. My buddy has a 14ft tin boat with a 6HP motor we use for late fall/early spring fishing. Bring on the ice I say!

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Now that you will be heading to the hunting land more my chances of getting an Old World pizza just went up.
    DT

I believe he’s tried this and for whatever reason, the pizza disappears somewhere between Monticello and Sauk Center. It was there, then it was gone.

Besides, don’t you think it would look a little weird? Two guys pull into the disused end of an Alex parking lot and park next to each other. One guy produces pizza boxes that ain’t from around here, the other guy loads them. Then they both leave. Wierd. Somebody will call the cops for sure.

Grouse

sticker

Now that you will be heading to the hunting land more my chances of getting an Old World pizza just went up. yay
    DT

Or I could bring the food plot seed from Grouse and you could finally get that in the ground whistling

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

My kids be pi$$ed if the boat got put away. Littlest one woke up to trolling cranks this morning. grin

Attachments:
    1. IMG_20170905_101820458.jpg

deertracker

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>deertracker wrote:</div>
    DT

Or I could bring the food plot seed from Grouse and you could finally get that in the ground whistling

That dream is long gone Sticker. crazy
    DT

eyeguy507
    SE MN

Man i love deer season! Kids in school, guys sitting in trees, work has slowed down enough that I only have to work 3 days a week. Rivers and lakes practically to myself. It’s good to be me! Fishing season has officially started from now until April…..booya!

Jonesy

They say it’s going to be a tough winter. I hope my only down time this year is January

slipbob_nick
    Princeton, MN

fish and ski boat will be put away mid October. the ol ’67 14ft will stay in the water until the ice comes.

pool2fool
    Inactive
    St. Paul, MN

December and January were the only months I didn’t run open water this past year, so mine is staying ready.

tim hurley

Love to see the shiney plastic ski toys at the launch getting put away for the season this time of year (its the lakeshore owners they have’nt used their trailers since June) Reminds me of that song: ‘Boys of Summer’

sticker

All you guys still fishing Good luck!! toast

My arms are exhausted from pulling smallies out of ML all summer. I need to work a different muscle group for a while chased

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.