Boat Cover

• G-raff
    Rochester, MN

I am looking for recommendations for places to have a custom snap cover made for my Alumacraft Trophy. Preferably somewhere between Rochester and Mille Lacs. TIA

Justin Laack
    Austin,mn

Graff,
    La Cannes might be able to get you setup with their guy, I believe it is grumpys canvas works. He made one for my parents and made 1 for my brother in laws boat, well made. Otherwise you could check with Ernie over in Albert lea, his work has been great too.

mojogunter

Banner Canvas in Ham Lake does a nice job. They also do custom covers for Rapid Marine.

I am looking for recommendations for places to have a custom snap cover made for my Alumacraft Trophy. Preferably somewhere between Rochester and Mille Lacs. TIA

Ron
    Victoria, mn

Travel cover or outdoor storage? Mine was made by Permatop in Mound in 2010 and it’s still in great shape. I use it for 5-6 trips to the International Falls area every year and for indoor winter storage. It’s pretty heavy duty fabric (Top Gun, as I recall) and I’m very happy with it. I’d guess any cover would have a shorter life if used for outdoor storage.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Banner Canvas in Ham Lake does a nice job. They also do custom covers for Rapid Marine.

Maybe I will have to check them out next time as they are in my back yard. However I used Canvas Craft in Rogers/Otsego of 101. They do really nice work and have been in business for a long time. My cover is going on 8-10 years I think and stays on the boat unless its on the water or during winter storage I have the boat wrapped.

welliou

I also have a Alumacraft Trophy. I had my travel cover made at Canvas Craft located just north of Rodgers Mn. On the way to Mille Lacs. Full snap down, very durable material. No issues at all with the workmanship. In 2016 I paid about $700 for a 18ft boat.

djshannon
    Crosslake

Hi,
    I have hade two covers made in the past six years, in the Brainerd Lakes Area.

Both were of Sunbrella/Top Gun fabrics.

The first was for my 17 ft pontoon boat which sits tied to my dock from May to October in all weather. Other than sun fade, the dark green cover is as good as new. Nordby’s Canvas

The second was for my 16 ft Lund Pike which lives most of its life on the trailer parked ready to fish. A light gray color. Done about 3 years ago. Bavelli Leather & Upholstery

Both were custom made. The Lund cover is a much tighter fit, that works well for trailering, but makes it harder to snap on.

In both cases they need the boat to fabricate the covers The pontoon cover was slightly more in cost due to the additional material needed. I have seen other covers by both of these shop and they were of comparable quality.

You would not be disappointed by their products.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

John at Whitewater canvas is as good as it gets. His place is just off I90 by Dover, not too far from Rochester. It ain’t cheap but if you want a custom cover, I would put his work up against anyone. Super nice guy and talented as heck. I had mine made for my 2012 Dominator and he knocked it out of the park. Almost to the point that he was reading my mind.
    My last boat had a snap cover but that was a pain so had a ratchet style made. NEVER going back to snaps but I am sure he can do that if you want.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_20201027_102805_686-scaled.jpg

Gregg Gunter

I have a new Competitor from Lacanne’s in Faribault and ordered a cover to come with the boat. Made by Grumpy’s. Really solid with snaps and ratchet strap. Very happy with it and Mike(I think that’s right)is good guy to deal with when I replaced a snap.

bigcrappie
    Blaine

Top Gun Canvas in Shakopee did my Trophy 175 cover and it lasted 10 years before I sold the boat.

joe-winter
    St. Peter, MN

I have an Alumacraft T-Pro 195. Grumpy’s did mine and my neighbor’s. Love it!

Stanley

I had a canvas craft snap cover on my last boat and really liked it. My boat sits outside except for winter storage and no problems with rain getting in or when traveling down the road. My new boat has a grumpy cover and this is my first season with it but so far seems well made. My only complaint is around the splash well it is trimmed a little short so when it rains there is a little bit of the carpet that gets wet from dripping off the cover. I just put some plastic to cover the carpet and direct that water to the splash well. I have a competitor so a little different rear layout than the trophy you have.

Benny

I have a Canvas Craft cover as well, full snap down. My boat sits outside all season, except for winter storage. No issues, no puddles of water, tight as a drum. Doesn’t flap in the wind going down the freeway. Even has held up to some of this spring snow we’ve been seeing. Even had them build it over my trolling motor.

They are not cheap at all but you definitely get what you pay for. I was able to make an appointment, drop my boat off on a Saturday, and it was done before the end of the following week.

fishingdm

I also have a snap on cover made by Canvas Craft for my Alumacraft Competitor. It is very well made, worth the price I paid. My boat sits outside all year except for winter storage. It used to sit on a lift on mille lacs and through a couple heavy rain storms. Never a drop of water in the boat. It is 5 years old and still looks like new. I do clean it and do the maintenence that they recommended. I like the snaps, easier and faster to take the cover on and off. I highly recommend them.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.