Black or white we still are all red underneath

• Gabe Kuettner
    wabasha mn

Ok guys venting her
    Whatching on msnbc after work right before I head to mow lawns for my boss.They were talking about a black and white with police thing.
    Here is my view on this
    We are all people that live are lives day in and day out.Blacks and white fight side by side for or freedom.Also we are all the same beneath the thing you call skin.And that my friend is blood.We need to remember that it does not matter the color of your skin but it matter who you are as a person.We all are a little different.As for the police thing I honestly think that they can abuse all people.A few years ago I was verbally abused by a officer and that was not right.But I was told to suck it up.My view is if you are protecting the public you must protect all or should be in a different field.I myself is a cook I don’t care if people are any color they should be treated with the same no matter what.
    As for the fishing part of this it does not matter what color we share a common hobby to share and we can learn from each.
    Gabe

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

It’s sad that there are still those few people that have their head so far up their azz that they’ll never see clearly again. In some sick way I think they get satisfaction from the fear they can create or the feeling of dominance they have over another human being. Just isn’t right, and anyone that contributes positively back to society regardless of age, race, religion,…….. shouldn’t have to endure these dumb asses.

We all are a little different YEP, and some of us are a lot more than others. Most of the guys that have fished with me will tell ya stories….and they are usually true toast

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Unfortunately, there is a problem in this country that cannot be covered up any longer. The fact that the vast majority of police officers do a tremendous job and service to us all can not be used as an excuse anymore for the fact that there are a significant number of bad apples in the barrel. It’s sad, it’s a shame, but it’s also real and has to be dealt with.

It is extremely concerning to me, the fact that in many places it appears to me that the police have completely cast aside probable cause as the basis for any stop. It has been replaced with a new standard of “some suspicion”, which is a very dubious legal position to say the least.

To me, the most egregious police conduct situations in recent months had one theme in common: There was no probable cause for the stop in the first place. Someone calling the police saying that someone walking on a public sidewalk “doesn’t look right” or “looks suspicious” is NOT in itself probable cause for a stop. But that’s exactly what happened with that recent shooting of a man from India who was just here visiting his grandchildren and didn’t speak any English.

This change to “some suspicion”, in turn, has touched off a backlash that we are seeing play out over the recent months, so while some police departments started the fire, others now must deal with the flames.

I understand there is another side to this, but we can’t continue on the path we’re on. It’s not good for the police or the community to just keep going as if nothing’s wrong.

Grouse

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

This change to “some suspicion”, in turn, has touched off a backlash that we are seeing play out over the recent months, so while some police departments started the fire, others now must deal with the flames.

This is not the reason for the big backlash. It is only the tip of the iceberg. There far larger problems that lead up to these massive protests.

It really falls back on the mayors and Chiefs of police. They have simply done a poor job of addressing each and every glaring issue that comes light. They’d rather just ignore it and hope it goes away or they simply leave them for their successors.

All of these can be predicted and prevented. We’re only hearing about the most gossip worthy information based on what the media outlets feel is most interesting.

riverrat56
    New Ulm, MN

Society as a whole has a major issue with responsibility and accountability. We live in a world where it can’t possibly be “my” fault.

Gabe Kuettner
    wabasha mn

I will say this that are chief of police is a great guy.

I got pulled over for having my high beams on and I was put through all the testing.All the officers were nice but it took a extremely long time.they said my eyes were acting funny so they drove me home.
    It’s the best thing to be in a small town.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I feel more like a racist now than I have my whole life. And I have no control over it. I cant believe some of the stuff that is allowed to go on lately. Get the fire hoses back out.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Racism is something people hide behind and some put in front of themselves… I have bias toward many people of many colors, including my own race, does that make me a racist ? I think it makes me human and he/she who holds themselves in such high regard as not having any bias’… I call a liar. There are some bad cops, of all races and they need to be dealt with.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

I feel more like a racist now than I have my whole life. And I have no control over it. I cant believe some of the stuff that is allowed to go on lately. Get the fire hoses back out.

You have all the control over it! If we dont have control over our own emotions or actions what are we?

I’ll quote myself here, “we are all racists to varying degrees, its what you choose to do about it that matters”

midnight
    Grand Rapids, MN

When having contact with law enforcement the best thing to do is follow directives (even if you did nothing wrong). Too many people feel that they are being “harassed” but one common denominator of most of the incedents in the past few months was the “victim” did not follow directives of law enforcement, if you did nothing wrong don’t worry about anything just follow directives and go on with your day.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Black or white we still are all red underneath’ is closed to new replies.