Big Stone

• mallardmayhem
    Spicer, MN

Anyone fish Big Stone last weekend or know somebody that did for opener? Thinking about heading out that way one day next week if the wind ever dies down to tolerable levels.
    Thanks
    MM

soldiersdad1
    La Crosse, WI

MWC Tournament there this weekend.

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

Every report I heard from people actually fishing it was horrible, horrible. However,, if you follow Artie’s bait FB page you woulda thought that walleyes were crawling from the lake and into coolers on shore.

mojogunter

I hate when bait shops or resorts give false reports to get people to come out. I understand they are looking for business, but be truthful. I have stopped using certain businesses over the years, and go out of my way if I need to use honest people.

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

I hate when bait shops or resorts give false reports to get people to come out. I understand they are looking for business, but be truthful. I have stopped using certain businesses over the years, and go out of my way if I need to use honest people.

While I get what you are saying,,, I’m not saying they aren’t being honest with what they are reporting. I’m sure their reports are true. I just know what really went on those days and it’s far from accurate as an “overall” report.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Guys pre-fishing for the string of tourneys out there are fishing a tough daytime bite. Locals who are fishing the evening/night bite are doing well.

-J.

basseyes

The joke’s always been “limits were common”, or commonly uncommon or you should have been here last week. They are trying to sell bait, we all get that, but….. Enough phoney reports and people have a hard time learning when they are crying wolf. Fishing is fishing. Sometimes it’s easy, sometimes it’s brutal. Most times it’s somewhere in the middle.

Spastic hook sets!

zooks

Guys pre-fishing for the string of tourneys out there are fishing a tough daytime bite. Locals who are fishing the evening/night bite are doing well.

-J.

This is normal when there’s bad weather this time of year. If the forecast holds for next week, daytime bite should start to turn around soon after the weather does.

As for Artie, he’s always been this way and I don’t expect him to change. If you want a decent Big Stone fishing report, Donna does a great job here, updates are usually mid week. Hope this helps, good luck.

http://www.schmidtslanding.com/fishingreport_new.htm

mojogunter

I agree that sometimes reports are half truths or dated. If they only have old information then if they tell you that I would have no issue with that. IMO honesty will provide more reward in the long run. That being said there have been several people I have dealt with over the years that flat out lie to sell products or services. In this day and age with so many outlets for information it doesn’t take long for a good or bad reputation to get around.

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>mojogunter wrote:</div>

While I get what you are saying,,, I’m not saying they aren’t being honest with what they are reporting. I’m sure their reports are true. I just know what really went on those days and it’s far from accurate as an “overall” report.

JMP1890

Went out last Saturday with my 11 year old nephew. First Big Stone opener for him and hopefully many more. The wind made boat control difficult at best. Water temps right around 55 degrees and lake was much clearer than usual. Bite was very tough but it got a little better after sunset. Nothing to write home about.

mallardmayhem
    Spicer, MN

I can see how it’s been tough. Snow in the area this morning, had 34* in Appleton this morning. Some warm weather next week should help the bite. Was looking forward to a stellar opener the way winter ended early but the cold weather has lingered too long.

10Pound
    Ortonville, MN

Hi guys, I haven’t been on this site in a long time but a friend told me about the post. First, a huge disappointment to read some of the comments here. 90% of what I post for reports is pictures and reports of actual catches. Pictures don’t lie. We had a ton of excellent reports last weekend and so did Schmidts Landing as are posted on my facebook page. The fishing was best after dark due to clear water. We had several limits reported and one report of 30 walleyes. Saturday during the day was tough and with high winds most struggled to even fish where they wanted to. This week has been tough through the cold front as walleye fishing is anywhere you go. I expect with the warm temps coming the bite is really going to take off next week. We work hard to help fishermen and always tell the truth, again…we post pictures and individual reports! Remember, just because you are not catching them does not mean I lied about a report. Please be more considerate on message boards and stop bashing those of us that are trying to help others. If you have further concerns please feel free to call or text me at 605-880-8892
    Artie Arndt
    Artie’s Bait & Tackle
    Ortonville,Mn

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

Artie,
    Nicely written,
    Have a Great Season.
    Jack

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

My college roommate took 4th in the MWC there over the weekend. He said they did real well prefishing and caught lots of fish in the tournament. They had some troubles with the slot bringing a limit to the scales each day, but many fish over 20″. 30″ 9lb 11oz really helped and his partner lost another big fish at the side of the boat or they would have won it.

carver
    West Metro

Artie, congrats on the win. I bet it was even better you fished with your son.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.