Big Marine?

• Sean Solberg
    St. Paul

A buddy of mine is itching to try out Big Marine. Anybody have any reports of what’s generally been working there for walleye?

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

HA. Big Marine is real finicky for walleye. I’m not the guy to tell you what to do as I usually only fish it for panfish, but when I’ve caught walleye it was after dark. The numbers aren’t great but the few that I’ve caught were nice fish.

Sean Solberg
    St. Paul

Right on. I had seen reports that it wasn’t an amazing walleye numbers lake. That’s fine by me. I’m content to panfish/bass fish until dark and then try for walleye.

How are the crappie numbers/size?

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Right on. I had seen reports that it wasn’t an amazing <strong class=”ido-tag-strong”>walleye numbers lake. That’s fine by me. I’m content to panfish/bass fish until dark and then try for walleye.

How are the crappie numbers/size?

Was a lot better a few years ago but you can still have good days out there here and there.

Sean Solberg
    St. Paul

Well, since I asked for info, I feel like I need to report back the results. Don’t know if anyone will read it, but it’s the right thing to do.

Got on water around 6:30pm wednesday. Ended up fishing until ~10pm. My buddy wanted to cast for bass. We mostly worked weedlines starting out of the free launch on the north end of the lake. Bite was a bit slow with best action coming on topwater right before dusk.

We didn’t stay for walleye, but noted good marks in the saddle heading back to the north launch.

tim hurley

Numbers are just not there for ol’ walter-fish for bass or specks and if you bump into one-nice bonus

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.