Best WI-Fi Meat Thermometer

• fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I received a Meat Thermometer for Christmas. The one I received is a Bluetooth one. I think I’d really like one that is Wi-Fi. I often cook cuts that take a rather long time to cook and would like to be able to keep a eye on things when I am away from home. Doing some research it seems like they often mix Bluetooth and Wi-Fi into the same reviews. Anyone here have one they care to give me your thoughts on?

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

I’ve the ThermoWorks Signals that works really good. You can get a fan attachment called Billows that will control your grill/smoker temp. You really can’t go wrong with ThermoWorks.

I’d post links but this website doesn’t like them.

Unfortunately I don’t think they offer wireless probes if that’s what you’re looking for.

birdswacker2

I’ve got a Weber Igrill 2
    I have the Weber app that I connect it to. The app is good as it gives you the when it should be done temps. I checked it with the thermoworks pen I have and it was 2* off

Tlazer

I have and like the FireBoard 2. It is similar to the ThermoWork Signal in that has both WiFi and BT and also has a blower option.

haleysgold
    SE MN

I use a MEATER.
    It’s an older model and the BT range isn’t very far.
    It works good but I have to be within about 50 feet to get the signal.
    The newer models are supposed to have a farther range.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

looking at both the Thermoworks Signals and the Fireboard 2 they both look like excellent units. A little more $ than I was looking to spend but not to much more. Looking at the Weber Igrill 2 it looks like it is Bluetooth but not Wi-Fi.

Riverrat

How about Inkbird? I was wondering about thermometers also and this thread got my attention. I use Inkbird to monitor temps in other stuff and their timers so If these are good for BBQ I might try them out.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

How about Inkbird? I was wondering about thermometers also and this thread got my attention. I use Inkbird to monitor temps in other stuff and their timers so If these are good for BBQ I might try them out.

I was looking at the Inkbird model. It was a little less $ than some of the others. After reading some of the reviews on them, I kind of rules them out. It sounds like the Temp accuracy was a issue on them, I would be interested in hearing thoughts from anyone who has used one.
    Right now I’m leaning towards the Thermoworks Signals

Tlazer

I was looking at the Inkbird model. It was a little less $ than some of the others. After reading some of the reviews on them, I kind of rules them out. It sounds like the Temp accuracy was an issue on them, I would be interested in hearing thoughts from anyone who has used one.
    Right now I’m leaning towards the Thermoworks Signals
    [/quote]
    What type of grill/smoker do you plan to use this on? I use mine (Fireboard2) on an Oklahoma Joe Bronco barrel charcoal smoker. The blower works great for keeping a consistent temp once you get the air flow (my blower has a slide to control how much air is let in to the smoker without the blower running) dialed in. I would imagine the Thermoworks blower would be pretty much the same. The blowers work great especially for doing long smoker/cooking times like a pork butt.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

What type of grill/smoker do you plan to use this on?

I currently have a pitboss Pellet grill. If I were to replace it, Id probably go with a Rectec pellet grill. The blower feature and option, is something that i’d probably never need or use.

tmyboy2001
    Lakeville, MN

Inkbird. It’s the wifi that I love. the app isn’t the most user-friendly at first but you get used to it and it works great. You can set alarms and track the temp history almost to the minute and see if your cook is hitting the stall yet. I do a lot of long overnight cooks. Gives me piece of mind that I can go run some errands or sleep for awhile and it will sound an alarm for a pre-set temp level. I’d buy it again.

Tlazer

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Tlazer wrote:</div>
    What type of grill/smoker do you plan to use this on?

I currently have a pitboss Pellet grill. If I were to replace it, Id probably go with a Rectec pellet grill. The blower feature and option, is something that i’d probably never need or use.

Yes you wouldn’t need the blower. The blower is to maintain a set temp for a charcoal grill or smoker, like a Green Egg, Weber Grill, etc…..

mnfisherman18

I recently got the Meater 2 Plus, it was the best wireless option I could find after doing a decent amount of research. They have sales on the original now, but the 2 has many advantages over that model.
    I have been impressed so far, it is supposed to last 15 hours, has 5 temp sensors in the meat, and an ambient temp reading on the outside.

Jimmy Jones

I’ve the ThermoWorks Signals that works really good…. You really can’t go wrong with ThermoWorks.

I bought a Thermoworks at Fleet Farm and its super. Its a blue tooth, 4 probes.
    I used it today while smoking summer sausage and it’s nice to be able to take a peek at the phone in the house and see exactly what each probe has for a temp reading. I’m impressed with it and the simplicity in using it. $60.00

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.