Best metro fish taxidermist

• Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

survived or not he caught it he has a fishing license so his choice! why would we need all the negativity? say not shoot a big buck cuz you killed that bloodline? maybe just hunt with a camera? leave the guy alone do you take fish home to eat them? you might have killed a future trophy fish

Scratcher, I’m a man of my word of nothing else. I released this beast just yesterday to swim back to the depths of the Mississippi for someone else to enjoy.

/I’m gonna step away from this thread for now.

Attachments:
    1. 430D93CF-3993-4543-B8B2-6E87A8575A0A.jpeg

The SCRATCHER
    spring valley mn

I like cpr as well but remember its his choice

JEREMY
    BP

When I caught a 32.5″er a few years ago thats on my wall now I never thought once if anyone would care if I killed it and I still don’t. Someone has to complain about everything now a days that’s the world we live in. You could say you caught a meal of 10″ crappies and someone would say you should throw them back and keep 8 “ers. Next week say you caught a meal of 8” crappies and someone would say you should give them a chance to grow up.

JEREMY
    BP

Sorry on topic I take all my stuff to Mid America in savage. Waiting for 4th deer. Have 4 crappies, 1 walleye, and 1 pheasant love all of it.

IceNEyes1986
    Harris, MN

I highly recommend Danny Beck’s taxidermy… It’s not metro but the quality is worth the drive.

Will

X2!! Danny Beck does GREAT work! Here are a couple he did for my sister and I.

Attachments:
    1. Danny-Beck-Mounts.jpg

slipbob_nick
    Princeton, MN

Man is the info on this forum great. I lucked out and got a pb northern yesterday. Found this thread and dropped the fish off at rick’s at nc taxidermy. Man does he have some cool mounts there.

Deleted

Congrats ! Great fish! I’d put my beer down too & definitely get it on the wall. I caught a 29” last spring on Lake Pepin & put it back ….. but it was caught shallow trolling and plenty of fight left in him. Wife had a fatter 27 1/2” eye too that we threw back. Great pics & memories tho.

FryDog62

A 29” walleye on the Rum is also a rare beast… they are in there but typically not very big..

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

Man is the info on this forum great. I lucked out and got a pb northern yesterday. Found this thread and dropped the fish off at rick’s at nc taxidermy. Man does he have some cool mounts there.

Any pics of that pike?

We like to see the before and after pics, it’s a convenient distraction from the bickering… smirk

Dustin Tichy

I brought home a 40″ pike from Canada last year and shopped around for a while before I decided on Dewey’s. I should get him back late spring early summer and will post back what he looks like. I was willing to drive anywhere in the state and Dewey looked like the best bang for the buck and I didn’t have to wait 2 years to get my mount back.
    http://deweystaxidermy.com/index.php

buschman
    Pool 2

Scott Miller X2 here.. I wouldn’t go to anyone else unless he stops doing it.

He is an award wining wood carver/paint also. He does great work.

buschman
    Pool 2

Here is a smallmouth that Scott painted.. I have a walleye as well but not photo of it right now.

Attachments:
    1. smallmouth-replica.jpg

slipbob_nick
    Princeton, MN

The pike got lucky on.

Attachments:
    1. D5402F5E-B9BA-4AA1-8F67-4B43BCB597C9.jpeg

Percidae

Hey DT,

Did you get your mount back? Would you mind posting some pics? I’m looking for a good pike taxidermist.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Here is a smallmouth that Scott painted.. I have a <strong class=”ido-tag-strong”>walleye as well but not photo of it right now.

Buschman that thing is really nice looking.

I have a tiger muskie replica ordered from LAX Reproductions in northern Wisconsin that will be ready next March.

shady5

Here is a smallmouth that Scott painted.. I have a <strong class=”ido-tag-strong”>walleye as well but not photo of it right now.

Great colors!

buschman
    Pool 2

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>buschman wrote:</div>

Great colors!

I am a huge critic on fish mounts.. Scott Miller is one guy that I have had a hard time finding any errors!!! His paint is best in the midwest if you ask me.

Craig Sery
    Bloomington, MN

This guy looks decent…

Viewing 18 posts - 31 through 48 (of 48 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.