Best metro fish taxidermist

• Justin riegel

So I am sure it has been ask before, but cant find a search function on my phone. Buddy caught a 31 inch eye from the croix last night and is putting it on the wall. He would rather have quality than be real worried about price.

rubberduck
    east bethel

you got pix of that hog?

rubberduck
    east bethel

40 inch pike
    29 im2ch rum river eye
    21 inch rum river smallie
    9.75 inch gills

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20180816-195946.jpg

rubberduck
    east bethel

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20180816-200006.jpg

rubberduck
    east bethel

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20180816-200203.jpg

rubberduck
    east bethel

…..

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20180816-200017.jpg

Will Roseberg
    Hanover, MN

I highly recommend Danny Beck’s taxidermy… It’s not metro but the quality is worth the drive.

Will

Justin riegel

Leadcore on a HJ 14

Attachments:
    1. 27294.jpeg

2. 27230.jpeg

rubberduck
    east bethel

click on “add file” and go to your pics and select one. some kind of text has to be on the post for it to post a picture, hense why I have periods at the top of each post.

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>rubberduck wrote:</div>
    http://www.nctaxidermy.com/763-757-7620_Rick_Simonson,_Owner.html

Just did some work at his house last week. Wow. That place is beyond amazing.

Small world mike. Not to get off topic but did you see the wood carvings? He does wood arvings of world records and air brushes them….He has won several ribbons for his work!

He also does work for Lee and Tiffany Lakosky.

rubberduck
    east bethel

I have gotten 7 fish, 3 bears, 4 bucks, and 2 ducks, and two full body grey foxes and I have been a very satisfied customer!

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Think I missed the wood carvings. There was far to much to take in and still try to get some work done.

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

He killed that fish?

It’s his right by all means but some of the replica’s are so good why kill a big fish like that? I know the fight can kill those fish sometimes, especially from deep water but I always like to see CPR with those monsters.

It is a monster from the St Croix – not sure I’ve seen one that big come out of there.

Justin riegel

He killed that fish?

It’s his right by all means but some of the replica’s are so good why kill a big fish like that? I know the fight can kill those fish sometimes, especially from deep water but I always like to see CPR with those monsters.

It is a monster from the St Croix – not sure I’ve seen one that big come out of there.

35 fow good chance it would not have lived.

I would prefer a replica myself but considering the depth and water temp we figured he might as well keep it.

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Matt Moen wrote:</div>
    He killed that fish?

35 fow good chance it would not have lived

Fair enough…probably better to put it on the wall than hope it doesn’t go belly up floating downstream.

Beautiful fish for sure.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Justin riegel wrote:</div>

He killed that fish?

Fair enough…probably better to put it on the wall than hope it doesn’t go belly up floating downstream.

Beautiful fish for sure.

Quite the dilemma, probably start a thread on that alone. No right or wrong answer.
    I don’t know what I would do if I ever was holding a 30+ eye.

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Justin riegel wrote:</div>

He killed that fish?

Beautiful fish for sure.

Quite the dilemma, probably start a thread on that alone. No right or wrong answer.
    I don’t know what I would do if I ever was holding a 30+ eye.

Probably set the beer down and use both hands…..

eyeguy507
    SE MN

He killed that fish?

OMG that didnt take long! That fish looks real old but a fish of a lifetime for sure. why can’t we just congratulate these proud sportsman instead of bashing them if they want to have a skin mount instead of a replica? I got a guy that makes skin mounts that look nothing like a replica…….not even close! Oh and by the way, I rarely keep fish and it would take a special one but it would be a skin mount…….suit yourself on the replicas. Congrats on the fish……..that is a moment your buddy will never forget!

Outdraft
    Western Wi.

Congratulations on the trophy ! She’s a beauty. I too would mount it especially after you let it go when it was 28 1/2 ” long. Sorry for the people who may criticize you for keeping it

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

OMG that didnt take long! That fish looks real old but a fish of a lifetime for sure. why can’t we just congratulate these proud sportsman instead of bashing them if they want to have a skin mount instead of a replica? I got a guy that makes skin mounts that look nothing like a replica…….not even close! Oh and by the way, I rarely keep fish and it would take a special one but it would be a skin mount…….suit yourself on the replicas. Congrats on the fish……..that is a moment your buddy will never forget!
    [/quote]

Where did I bash the guy – read the whole thread or the whole post and I think you’ll see I made it clear it’s his right and I congratulated him on the fish. I have a handful of trophy fish that are made into replica’s – that’s my prerogative. I prefer to CPR but, like I stated, if the fish was stressed I would probably do the same thing. It’s your prerogative and the ops buddies to do a skin mount…more power to ya.

404 ERROR
    MN

Congrats! The battle scars are what makes these big fish so unique.

Scott Miller in Prescott is top notch, IMO. He’s done birds for me and many of my friends. I would not hesitate bringing a fish in to him, the work he has on his walls are amazing.

I had a 30.25″ on LOTW about 5 years ago. I had nothing to preserve the fish for a skin mount, otherwise I would have taken her home. I ended up taking tons of pictures in hopes of doing a replica sometime down the road…who knows if it will happen.

The SCRATCHER
    spring valley mn

NICE fish!!! replicas are exactly that I had 1 done on a 30 inch river eye 12lb 6 ounce fish no character not exact measurements as 30″ long and 18″ girth was not available she had scars and battle wounds that could not be copied! so eagle or turtle food or a once in a lifetime catch on the wall! people complain about a once in a lifetime fish but what about the guys who take full fish limits home every time

eyeguy507
    SE MN

He killed that fish?

sounds like a complaint……

pool2fool
    Inactive
    St. Paul, MN

He killed that fish?

sounds like a complaint……

Nope. You’re making something out of nothing. Just stop.

Fantastic fish for justin’s friend.

esoxhunter

P2F, you’d have to brain dead to think he wasn’t taking a shot…

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

P2F, you’d have to brain dead to think he wasn’t taking a shot…

First off, it was a question that the op answered.

For those of you that are uncertain, the question mark denotes a question.

A complaint would most likely be denoted by all caps or an exclamation point at the end.

This is a complaint and comment….stop being so sensitive! Read the rest of my comments and I think you’ll see I agreed with ops buddy once he said it came out of 35 fow and probably wouldn’t have survived.

The SCRATCHER
    spring valley mn

survived or not he caught it he has a fishing license so his choice! why would we need all the negativity? say not shoot a big buck cuz you killed that bloodline? maybe just hunt with a camera? leave the guy alone do you take fish home to eat them? you might have killed a future trophy fish

pool2fool
    Inactive
    St. Paul, MN

Can’t respond. Brain dead.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 48 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.