best gloves for ice fishing

• andrew keller

Sorry if there is already a topic on this I couldn’t find one. So what gloves do you guys use when hole hopping? would like something warm but not to thick to wear they get in the way when holding rod or feeling a bite also not breaking. The bank on em thanks in advance!

rjthehunter
    Brainerd

I use Ice Armor Gloves the Extreme Weather ones, they are 100% Waterproof and really warm, I don’t take them off at all, wash them with snow after handling a fish or at the end of the day, I watch my rod for the bite and I can still feel through it.

Doug Larsen
    Minnesohtah

The Ice Armor Extreme Mitts fell apart after being iced up several times but they are solid. I’m switching to the gloves this year too. Hard to beat

andrew keller

The extreme weather ones seem to bulky you guys don’t mind em though? What about the ice armor edge gloves? Anyone try them?

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Usually I dont wear them hole hopping but if I do its just jersey gloves. I carry a couple pairs.

rjthehunter
    Brainerd

The Ice Armor Extreme Mitts fell apart after being iced up several times but they are solid. I’m switching to the gloves this year too. Hard to beat

Last years model had flaws in it so this year what they did is they completely remade them and added a 5 year warranty on them! Go buy a pair, I’ve had the glove completely iced up and broken it free and these things are tough! And Andrew, I personally don’t mind them at all, IMO they work great especially in cold temps, Its either no gloves or those!

outdoors4life
    Stillwater, MN

I wear fingerless wool gloves. When they get wet they are still warm and if it is cold out I put a hand warmer on the back of my hand and it keeps my fingers warm. I have choppers along to put my hands in with my wool gloves still on.

AaronMoore

frabill FXE (i think thats right), the big thick ones are the best I had so far

dld24

Frabil Fxe task glove for sure…I had the ice armour ones before and they fell apart and weren’t as waterproof as my Frabils…

Tonka
    Minnesota

I have had the Ice Armor gloves and liked them because they weren’t too bulky, waterproof, and usually plenty warm. After they went bad last year I got the Striker Ice gloves online for 10 bucks a pair and they are pretty much the exact same glove as the Ice Armor ones only they don’t have the little cloth on the thumb to wipe your nose. Good luck.

Travisroell
    West Bend, WI

I have the Frabill fxe, Ice Armor extreme and Striker. The Frabill are my favorite followed close by Ice Armor.

soldiersdad1
    La Crosse, WI

I’ve been using the Ice Armor Edge gloves for a few years now and have absolutely NO COMPLAINTS at all. Whether it’s ice fishing or in the boat during the cold months. My hands have NEVER been cold or wet. Just my 2 cents worth.

Zach Hilton

I use the stretch fit, knit gloves that are about $1.50/pair. I cut the fingers, and carry a couple pairs with me. Then, a hand warmer in the pocket to keep one hand warm at a time and your good to go. It works for me.
    I do have a pair of the striker gloves that are warm, wind proof, and water proof. But I don’t like the bulkiness when I’m hole hopping.

Michael Nebelsick
    SE South Dakota

I have a pair of the Frabil FXE Task Gloves and a pair of the Cabelas Guidewear. The Frabil are the nicest gloves I have worn and still been able to fish. guidewear are nice but are pretty let weight and get saturated easily.

BK_ICEMAN_MN
    New Ulm

I like the Ice Armor Extreme gloves as well. When hole hopping I can jig with them then if needed, keep the velcro loose and take them off very quickly and put them back on. Worth the money in my opinion. Waterproof so you can skim ice off your hole if needed without the fear of cold wet fingers!

bigstick56
    Lester Prairie, MN

Kast Steelhead gloves for me, they are a bit spendy but wow….they are pretty sweet….warm and fully waterproof not water resistant….Great glove…

Fisherpaul

I wear fingerless wool gloves. When they get wet they are still warm and if it is cold out I put a hand warmer on the back of my hand and it keeps my fingers warm. I have choppers along to put my hands in with my wool gloves still on.

Same here! Guess great minds think a like!

joc
    Western and Central, NY

I use Cabela’s Guidewear Fishing Glomitts. Have a look, enter item # IK-957538 in search box, URL is to lengthy. There on sale presently as well.

lundojam

I had a lady at my work make me some chopper liners out of thick boiled wool lined with fleece. I then sent to Ely Shoe Repair for custom moosehide chopper shells. My dear Lord, those things are warm. When I’m jigging and hole-hopping I pull down the sleeve of my wool ice armor undershirt so it covers my hand.

Adam Rasmussen
    Mosinee, WI

The Striker Ice Second Skin Gloves are worth checking out. I truly hate wearing gloves. They are very warm but still thin enough to fish with. They are the only pair of gloves I have purchased that are actually waterproof time after time on the ice.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.