Best Deck Stain

• Zach H

It is time where I have to stain the deck again. I am looking for what peoples thoughts are when it comes to quality deck stain. I have been using Sikkens for the last 2 applications, but I am wondering if there are any better stains out there that last longer than 2 years? It seems like I have to re-stain every other year. Is that the normal stain life with deck stain? The rails seem to last longer, but the actual walking surface doesn’t seems to last. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

JCHUNTER
    Southeast Wisconsin

Sikkens is a very good stain. I would think it would be hard to find a product much better. Stay away from water based products on your deck unless you like scraping peeling stain off. Deck surfaces don’t really stand up well to the elements with all the wind, rain, snow, ice, and the sun is a big killer. You should be getting another year or maybe if your lucky two out of it. Be sure you are prepping the surface properly before staining or painting anything outdoors. Most people skip this step. You should be using a mixture of water, bleach and a product called Jomax and Appling with a pump bottle type sprayer. The bottle of Jomax with have the proper formula on it. And then pressure wash it off while getting the nozzle close enough to clean the surface but not so close you are causing damage to it. This information comes from an experienced painter. Good luck with your deck.

JCHUNTER
    Southeast Wisconsin

PM sent back to you. Let me know if I can be of further help.

flatfish
    Rochester, MN

Duck Back Super Deck …special order here in Rochester through STRUVE’s paint and stain store….

Try n google it >>>>>>

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.