Bent eyelet on St Croix rod, leave it alone or try to bend it back a bit?

• JoeMX1825
    MN

What’s the best solution? I fear trying to bend it back a little will weaken it…

Attachments:
    1. test.jpg

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Is it cocked off to the side? The line looks like its pretty much still going through the center, why try bending it back, unless all of a sudden you started getting wind knots or loss in casting distance and/or accuracy?

404 ERROR
    MN

I’ve bent eyelets back on St. Croix rods with no issues. But I’m with Pug, if it doesn’t negatively impact your fishing, I would leave it.

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

The eye still appears to be square to the rod, I’d leave it.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

I’d bend it back. If you break it, you could have it replaced for about $10.

JoeMX1825
    MN

I’d bend it back. If you break it, you could have it replaced for about $10.

Is that really all it would cost? I’ve never had one repaired and was thinking alot more….

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

I believe that is what I paid at Thorne Bros 2-3 years ago when I had a few replaced on Avids. You could call and ask. Maybe call TUCR, too.

MNSmallieGuy
    Minnesota

IF you bend it and the guide foot puts too much pressure on the blank you risk creating a weak spot.

If you bend it back I would not do so while prying against the blank. Looks to me like you can grab it with a pliers and flatten it without prying.

But like others said, i would leave it if everything si still aligned.

All that said, considering how that thing is bent, your blank may already be damaged underneath the guide foot.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.