Belichek makes national news…

• Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

Personally I see this as some head hunt started by some dickbird at ESPN that has a hard on for the Patriots.

Almost like some dickbird that has a hard on for Rogers and slams him at every opportunity on some website that doesn’t have anything to do with football or sports in general huh? coffee

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

sleeping sleeping sleeping

Ultimately it made absolutely 0 difference in the outcome of the game.

coffee

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Leave hockey out of this tho,here you can cheat the rules and deliberately cause harm to another player.

2 min minor?
    5 min Major?
    Game misconduct?
    Suspensions?

I find under-inflated footballs relatively minor as compared to other sports cheaters.

Because players in other sports being injured by opponents deliberately trying to hurt them, or even accidentally, is unique to hockey coffee

Under inflating a ball in akin to using smaller or larger nets in hockey.

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Anybody wanna go fishing?

We can draw straws for the under inflated PFD.

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>jrhuberty wrote:</div>
    Leave hockey out of this tho,here you can cheat the rules and deliberately cause harm to another player.

2 min minor?
    5 min Major?
    Game misconduct?
    Suspensions?

I find under-inflated footballs relatively minor as compared to other sports cheaters.

Because players in other sports being injured by opponents deliberately trying to hurt them, or even accidentally, is unique to hockey coffee

Under inflating a ball in akin to using smaller or larger nets in hockey.

[/quote]To me the score is meaningless. If a team purposely breaks a rule to try and gain an advantage, that deserves punishment. Play the damn game by the rules.[/quote]

So cheating is unique in Hockey, and is therefor acceptable?
    :???::???::???::???::???::???:

Art Green
    Brookfield,WI

Some whiny, pompous, players obviously just like to handle soft balls. whistling

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

And don’t you think that a quarterback would be able to “feel” if a ball is softer than normal?

Show me proof of who did it, not speculation.

And this do or die game….I didn’t see anyone leave the field with a sheet over their carcass but I am sure there were a few who would have enjoyed the cover. The game has a winner and a loser. The officials on the field are in charge of infractions DURING the course of play, not espn AFTER the fact.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

So cheating is unique in Hockey, and is therefor acceptable?
    :???::???::???::???::???::???:

The unique part was sarcasm. I mean I never see football players go after guys knees, stomp on players legs, lead with their helmet, etc.

You might have to be more specific about hockey. You telling me checking a guy is trying to injure him? Then what’s tackling or sliding into the second baseman on a double play.

Under inflating balls falls outside of infractions and penalties. If it was done deliberately, again I say, they were done deliberately to gain an advantage, otherwise why bother?

Sure are a lot of enablers here. whistling

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

Should we pretend that elbows to the head of players are unintentional, or jacking another players knee is unintentional. Or two handed chops across the wrists are unintentional.

How about that Matt Cooke smirk

big_g
    Isle, MN

I will state the obvious….. slashing, high sticking, majors and minors are your football equivalent to Holding, Pass Interference, facemasks, leg whips… they are penalties. If one team used a smaller puck and a bigger net, that would be relevant to under inflated balls.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Jack Tatum

Helmet to helmet, clipping, chop blocks, New Orleans Saints vs Bret Favre and late hits.

I fail to see the moral inequivalence

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

I will state the obvious….. slashing, high sticking, majors and minors are your football equivalent to Holding, Pass Interference, facemasks, leg whips… they are penalties. If one team used a smaller puck and a bigger net, that would be relevant to under inflated balls.

Anybody wanna go fishing?

We can draw straws for the under inflated PFD.

I Thought this was funny…?
    Nobody wants to fish?

This whole cheating thing is a pretty passionate topic.
    I’ll put up a Super Bowl post next week with lines and we’ll see which team has the biggest balls

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>mplspug wrote:</div>
    To me the score is meaningless. If a team purposely breaks a rule to try and gain an advantage, that deserves punishment. Play the damn game by the rules.

Exactly…. “I cheated but it didn’t help me or I didn’t need to”…. that just makes you a cheater and stupid.

Sorry, I must have missed the part where it has been credibly established that this deflating thing actually even really happened. Oh, wait…

It would seem to me to be an exceptionally risky thing to do and with the balls getting swapped in/out and handled by the refs, etc, I would think that a) this would be likely to backfire if the deflated ball stayed in play when the Colts had possession, and b) the refs could very easily notice something amiss, and finally c)there are multiple scenarios where the deflated ball would actually hurt you, not help you. Like any kicking situation.

There’s no excuses for it, IF it happened, but I think it’s all a bunch of crap thrown out there just because it’s the Pats so people can. That’s partially the Pats own fault, of course, but then again, that’s one more reason why I’m finding it unlikely: The Pats know they’re under the microscope.

And let’s take this up a level. What the hell kind of dumb@ss system is this where they teams control the game balls? What’s next, have each team provide their own refs for when they have possession of the ball? There’s dumb. There’s dumber, and then there’s the NFL management.

Grouse

big_g
    Isle, MN

you realize that 11 out of 12 balls were confirmed by the NFL to be 1 PSI low ? The ref’s would not have a clue that they had 12.5 PSI of air vs. 13.5 PSI, as required, by what the experts on ESPN were saying anyways.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

So if it comes out that they didn’t, then no foul. But if it does come out that they were, lets see who will excuse the cheating.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Since both Brady & Belichick had press conferences denying they knew about it, those convicting them of cheating can add “liars” to the description. smirk

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

To me the score is meaningless. If a team purposely breaks a rule to try and gain an advantage, that deserves punishment. Play the damn game by the rules.

Exactly…. “I cheated but it didn’t help me or I didn’t need to”…. that just makes you a cheater and stupid.

If you stand by this,you might just want to switch from watching sports and read a book instead.

Cheating is part of each and every sports events.

Deflated footballs doah The most assinine excuse for losing 45-7 I have Heard.

They should ban the Colts for a season for bringing it up

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

you realize that 11 out of 12 balls were confirmed by the NFL to be 1 PSI low ? The ref’s would not have a clue that they had 12.5 PSI of air vs. 13.5 PSI, as required, by what the experts on ESPN were saying anyways.

Do they quarantine the balls after the final second,and then have the NFL Football forensics team come in and squeeze them?

jester

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

OK infractions = cheating. Then if someone deflated the balls then they are cheaters.

Not that it matters. Seahawks are going to trounce those cheaters.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Yeah. 1 PSI huh? Could that not easily be within the error limits of the guage used when inflating the balls? Or does the NFL calibrate the gauges used to +-.00001 PSI?

Looks to me like there’s a lot of pieces still missing here. Maybe the balls got too close to a bunch of sour grapes and that deflated them?

45-7 total ass-whipping and it was under-inflated balls that did it. Brilliant.

Grouse

farmboy1
    Mantorville, MN

So the refs could not tell the difference, but you are telling me that this could have an effect on the game? Seems like a non issue to me.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I want to go fishing in denial too!

That help @scottnevis?

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Yeah. 1 PSI huh? Could that not easily be within the error limits of the guage used when inflating the balls? Or does the NFL calibrate the gauges used to +-.00001 PSI?

I am sure you are right. I don’t think the NFL could afford anything above this model

pump

After all, how important can it be if the balls are checked several times a game.

I bet they probably didn’t use the same gauge as the one that measured the properly inflated Colts balls.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

So the refs could not tell the difference, but you are telling me that this could have an effect on the game? Seems like a non issue to me.

Not that I care about the outcome of the game, but I don’t think its a refs priority is checking balls hardness. Especially since the balls are officially checked at given times.

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

That be an inflater Pug,wit no gauge.

We be lookin fo a deflater with ol’Bills finger prints all over it

jester

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

jester

When you finish you can look for Sasquatch and check out the Bermuda Triangle if you need a winter vacation. Oh, there still is some question about that shooting down in Dallas a few decades ago. grin

big_g
    Isle, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>big_g wrote:</div>

If you stand by this,you might just want to switch from watching sports and read a book instead.

Cheating is part of each and every sports events.

Deflated footballs doah The most assinine excuse for losing 45-7 I have Heard.

They should ban the Colts for a season for bringing it up

Who said that is why they lost ? You might want to “read” before you type… so everybody cheats in all sports, do tell. When did the Colts bring it up ? Again, “read” educate yourself on the subject and try to re-enter the conversation then.

big_g
    Isle, MN

farmboy, I never said it had an effect on the game, just that I hate people who cheat. those who cheat a little or alot, all are cheaters. pretty simple statement.

farmboy1
    Mantorville, MN

farmboy, I never said it had an effect on the game, just that I hate people who cheat. those who cheat a little or alot, all are cheaters. pretty simple statement.

I get that, but we have no reason to believe that the Pats did it intentionally, or did it at all. What we know is the balls were determined to be 1psi low of pressure. It could have been a conspiracy by the Colts to sabotage all the Pats balls.

Or maybe aliens did it.
    I heard there were some large footprints outside the stadium, maybe it was bigfoot? We really need Bobo and the Bigfoot hunters to get on this for us )

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

jester

They don’t need a gauge on it. The refs feel them and can guage the pressure within .0001 of a psi.

toast crown and coke

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 89 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.