Beginner bow

• Dylan Butler
    San Diego, California

I am new to hunting and was looking for a decent affordable beginner bow for deer and perhaps some turkey. If anyone could make a suggestion that would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

catmando
    wis

Really just too broad of a ?, Go to a pro shop and shoot some, then look in your wallet. Advice from a guy that’s been bowhunting since 1971, dont try to pull to much weight, you know when its a struggle to pull it back and hold,if your shooting a compound, recurves are a different animal. DK.

jbg1219
    NW Iowa

I bought a diamond bow as a beginner bow about 10 years ago… I have not found a reason to move up since.

Brady Valberg

I had a mission ballistic 2.0 and really liked it when I had it…probably shouldn’t have sold it and kept it for a backup

ClownColor
    Inactive
    The Back 40

You can get a complete Bear bow for $300-500 and they are great. Drop another $75 on some classic Easton aluminum arrows and you’ll be set for life!

blackbay
    mn

Really just too broad of a ?, Go to a pro shop and shoot some, then look in your wallet.

X2 Go shoot a few. Depending where you are try Bwanna in Little Canada, Average Joe’s in Coon Rapids…others.

Bill Sackenreuter
    Devils Lake ND

x3 on shooting a few at a pro shop,they will have knowledgable staff to assist you,and you will be able to decide what feels best.
    Unless you pick a recurve or longbow,very few compounds are designed to shoot with fingers,these days,so a release is probly in the picture too!!Also try a few to see which you like,spending a little more here never hurts,a shitty trigger on your release is just as bad as one on a rifle.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Depending where you are try Bwanna in Little Canada, Average Joe’s in Coon Rapids…others.

In another thread in the hunting general forum he said he lived in California. Another reason people should have their home showing with their avatar.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Dylan, I have two brand new Tribe bows for sale in the classified. Good way to save $$$

F/S Tribe Archery Halo Extreme and Kinetic

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.