Big Bears galore

• tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

This is my 33rd year of guiding bear hunters…loving it as much as the 1st year. There are a LOT more bears now in the U.P.. I can guarantee a shot at a legal bear now or money back…no problem :grin

here are a couple nice ones from the past few days…My hunter passed a 250lb yesterday since he shot one that size two years ago with his bow… These two are over 250 lbs the one bad boy has a really big head/shoulders!

big_g
    Isle, MN

oh boy… a guaranteeing guide

Jon Stevens
    Northfield, Wi

How many years does it take to draw a tag for a non res in Michigan? Glad to hear the UP has a good population.

jason_ramthun
    Byron MN

Quote:

oh boy… a guaranteeing guide

lmfao

tom_gursky

Dont you wish you could do that kid?

Seriously, I have always guaranteed a shot opportunity on a legal bear. We have far less pressure here and a very high bear density. Its not hard to do that considering the factors…I also limit my hunts to 2 hunters per hunt period…max 6 per season.

tom_gursky

Quote:

How many years does it take to draw a tag for a non res in Michigan? Glad to hear the UP has a good population.

It take two points(years) for a 3rd period hunt…Sept 25- Oct 26

Bob Schultz
    Wausau,Wi

Which unit are you in Tom? We run dogs in Bergland. The guys we run with that live up there are having lots of bears work the baits. Last year we couldn’t buy a hit, because everything was denned up by the time we got up there.

tom_gursky

Amasa Mgt area…
    I’ve never seen bears den up here before November…I’ve lived here in Iron Mountain for 38 years. I know the wolf packs have had an impact by killing/eating Sows/cubs the past 4-5 years.
    That’s from a long time outfitter in Houghton…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.