battery troubleshoot–

• Go Spuds

Morning-
    Pontoon–1 battery in the boat. Charged and 1 year old. Motor cranks and trim and horm but nothing else….lights, graph, radio.

Any suggestions??

Go Spuds

Sloppy writing. I meant to say-motor cranks, trim and horn work but no other accessories work.

Reef W

Not the battery then, must be wiring or fuses. Did you have the battery taken out and missed a lead putting it back in? My boat has one set for motor and one for everything else. Don’t know why your horn would be on same wiring as motor but who knows. Also check wherever the wiring branches to all your accessories, probably under the console, and see if there are fuses there or something disconnected.

CaptainMusky

I am guessing you have a switch panel and one of those fuses tripped. By the sounds of it the main one would be the culprit. Also, if you do have a switch panel, there is a likely a “Main” that must be turned on for any of the others to work. So maybe its just that turned off. That is not required to be on for your motor to crank, tilt or horn to work.

B-man

Did you disconnect the battery over winter? If so, make sure everything is hooked back up correctly.

muskie-tim
    Rush City MN

Is the deadman switch disconnected?

Go Spuds

Thanks for all the feedback-actually my bosses rig so I said Id try help him out. He found the fuse-

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.