Battery size/amp for Garmin and Panoptix

• Buzz
    Minneapolis MN

Anyone know how much power is needed to run a 7inch Garmin with. Panoptix transducer? 12 volt battery but how big? Amps?

Dusty Gesinger
    Minnetrista, Minnesota

10 ah probably won’t last super long.

kayl

10 ah probably won’t last super long.

Probably 8-10 hours if his backlight is set reasonably.

red bricks
    Mpls, MN

I run one Dakota lithium battery. I have a double post at the terminal to run both my 93sv and the PS22 transducer off one battery. It works fine and I have fished for 6+ hours with it. I carry an additional battery in case I need it but I have not needed it yet. One battery vs two makes portability much easier.

TimberCrappie
    Eden Prairie, MN

Anyone know how much power is needed to run a 7inch Garmin with. Panoptix transducer? 12 volt battery but how big? Amps?

Buzz, I recommend running a 10AH Lithium battery if you can. Panoptix will not functions below 10.0V so you will get less time out of a SLA.

Reported run times on the dakota batteries has been 10-11 hours with screen brightness at 50%.

I mounted my panoptix and head unit on a lithium shuttle. I have not been able to fish long enough to have it go dead. Based on real world results the Lithium shuttle will get you at least 12 hours.

papaperch

To make sure I had no power worries . I went with a 12v 20AH battery. Cost less than 2 of the 10AH batteries.

After investing apprx 1150 in my PS-22 and Echomap 92 SV. Last thing I wanted was to run out of power.

What has back fired this year is the weather. Ohio has NO ice.

David Burchard

My testing showed .8 amps draw at 12 volts on a 93svplus with Panoptics ducer. 20 volt Dewalt 5 amp hour battery gives me 5 hours with all depth, distance and brightness at max settings.

Cameron white

I brought in a bunch of 18ah and 30ah amped lithium’s for guys up here. Specifically for panoptix.

Rob G

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Buzz wrote:</div>

Buzz, I recommend running a 10AH Lithium battery if you can. Panoptix will not functions below 10.0V so you will get less time out of a SLA.

Reported run times on the dakota batteries has been 10-11 hours with screen brightness at 50%.

I mounted my panoptix and head unit on a lithium shuttle. I have not been able to fish long enough to have it go dead. Based on real world results the Lithium shuttle will get you at least 12 hours.

Could you show some photos on how you set this up? I was thinking of using a shuttle that I had as well, well if I could as I was looking at the 9″ garmin livescope. Thanks

Deuces

My testing showed .8 amps draw at 12 volts on a 93svplus with Panoptics ducer. 20 volt Dewalt 5 amp hour battery gives me 5 hours with all depth, distance and brightness at max settings.

Yes! Was gonna ask if anyone actually measured their units. Nice work.

Would be interesting to see the pull on different brightness settings.

B-man

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>David Burchard wrote:</div>

Yes! Was gonna ask if anyone actually measured their units. Nice work.

Would be interesting to see the pull on different brightness settings.

I’ve tested my 73sv plus with a standard gt-10 ice transducer. On full brightness it is just under a half amp (like .45 if I remember right).

Adding standard Panoptix doesn’t increase it much, but LIVESCOPE does (has a black box/computer).

fireline
    Rochester

Any Dakota lithium battery deals out there , bulk group deals ?

Rob G

Put me on the list if you get a few to sign up or a deal that makes it worth it

kayl

Just buy amped outdoors. (And this is coming from a guy who ran a Dakota group buy!)

I have two amped batteries and one Dakota lithium and they all work the exact same. Amped is very responsive to any questions you might have via FB messenger.

Rob G

is amped cheaper?

Rob G

Cameron, do you have these for sale still? How much? Is there a specific size that is best for the garmin livescope 93 that will give a days worth of use?

Also does anyone know how long one would get out of the garmin livescope 93 with the stock battery? Also how long does it take to charge with there stock charger? Just pulled the trigger today on buying one -)

Coletrain27

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Rob G wrote:</div>
    is amped cheaper?

Yes

Amped is cheaper, more ah and has free shipping compared to Dakota $10 shipping!

hnd

I ran a 73cv and a ps21 on a 9ah SLA battery. the PS21 stopped working after around 5 hours of run time and my battery was at like 8v.

So i’d say 5 hours is what you get out of a 9ah/12v SLA battery with it running continuously. I have a fleet of these (our office removes them from backups to run full AGM large vehicle batteries on them) I just swap it when it runs out.

we fish a lot of basins and our panoptix is used specifically as a search tool. we’ll put it in the middle of a spot where we feel fish are and it will sit there as we just run around finding the roaming fish. once fish are out of a hole, go look at panoptix and move.

MNFishinGuy

I bought my 18ah battery direct from Amped Outdoors. Fast shipping. Excellent product. Make sure you get a charger that supports the lithium lifepo batteries or you won’t get a full charge. This size is fits perfectly in place of the 12ah SLA that comes with the ice kit. Runs all day for me.

Rob G

I bought my 18ah battery direct from Amped Outdoors. Fast shipping. Excellent product. Make sure you get a charger that supports the lithium lifepo batteries or you won’t get a full charge. This size is fits perfectly in place of the 12ah SLA that comes with the ice kit. Runs all day for me.

Great to know, thanks! Are these batteries heavier?

MNFishinGuy

3 lbs, 11 oz for the 18ah. Website claims it’s the same weight as the 12ah SLA. I cannot confirm exactly but the lithium’s are quite a bit lighter.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.