Forum Member gives good name to Bass anglers

• tennispro
    Sterling, IL

One of our very own forum members helped during the accident on Day one of the River Rumble. Bassbaron (J.J Patton) was a Marshal and was on the spot to help. I would like to thank you for helping the individual that was involved in that accident. I was glad to see the number of Elite anglers that stopped to help.
    A very scary incident did have a great side. It showed that bass anglers are not the guys that every other boater on the river tries to say we are

dan-tessmann
    Kieler, Wis

What happened? a little more info would be great, Dan

pool13_jeff
    NW, IL

Hit a log or something and sheared the lower unit completely off. Marshal was thrown onto bank and knocked unconscious, and shoulder messed up. Many many people in tourny stopped to help. Sounds like this group fishing the tourney are a heck of a bunch of guys!

wheres_waldo
    The Big Pond

Nice article and a great story. Way to stick together guys.

millerman
    Red Wing, MN

That is true sportsman there! My hats off to all involved and prayers to all are on the way!

God Bless!

bassbaron
    eldridge, ia

Thanks Jeremy and others. I did what most of us would do in a similar situation, that is offered a service i am qualified for to a person in need. The anglers on scene did a good job of the initial evaluation but I think they were happy to see a doctor arrive. It was scary but heartwarming to see all 30 boats wait until he was in the ambulance before proceeding in to a 75 acre area that all knew would be bumper boats.

Derek Remitz hit a log going into Carthage lake on pool 19 and threw his marshall onto the bank for those who didnt read it.

bretmo06
    midwest

I was there for the first day of that tournament left for canada on friday, so missed the rest but it sounded like the locals and the elite fisherman alike showed great sportsmanship, and all of us here from ft madison area are glad he’s ok that carthage lake entrance can be hairy.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.