Confidence baits

• flick
    Alma WI

What is everyones go to lure??? What does everyone have the most confidence in??? In the Spring,Summer and Fall…..

coonry
    Iowa City, Iowa

Black and Blue Jig and Swimming Jigs

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

For Pete’s sake!…………………How am I going to narrow this down when I find new “go to” lures all the time!

………………I know! I’ll mention how things are going this year. I’ve had tremendous luck with the Gitzit Paddle Frys and 1/8 oz. white spinnerbaits, single nickel Colorado. If it isn’t one, it’s been the other. Then I get mad that I have a thousand other lures, drop the “I know they catch fish” lures and start fishing for new productive lures and techniques. Since I dropped the two mentioned above, 1/2 oz. Rattle traps have been giving me the most action.

Maybe this would change in tournament conditions, but as a recreational angler, my confidence now lies in a wide selection of lures and any one of them can be the hot ticket at a moments notice.

kennedy
    Manchester, Ia

If you were to look at my rods at any given time during the summer, you’d find various lures from Bittsy jigs, to crank baits in all types of colors. However, you will always find one flipping rod with a Black w/ Red flake tube. And the best tubes i’ve found are the Team Supreme tubes. This color has produced for me time and time again and i’ve got a lot of confidence in it. I’ve down sized from a 4-1/2″ or 4″ tube to a 3-1/2″ or 3″ tube, but rarely will i change colors. P.S.

jeremy-crawford
    Cedar Rapids Area

When the going gets really tough I pull out the old 3/8 oz jig head with a 5″ kalins grub. If I know one thing, its that this will always catch a few.
    jc

TBASS
    ROCKFORD,ILL

MY GO TO BAIT IS THE 7″ POWER WORM W’ 1/4OZ SCREWIN RATTLE WEIGHT. I CAN CATCH BOTH SPECIES AND FISH ANY COVER. THE ONLY DRAWBACKS I CAN SEE IS IT CATCHES ALOT OF SHORT FISH AND BLUEGILLS LOVE TO NIP AT THE TAIL.

JEREMY, I FEEL BAD FOR THE DNR ISSUE YOU BEEN THROUGH. THE WHOLE THING LEAVES ME FEELING LIKE WE (TOURNAMENT FISHERMAN) DON’T HAVE ANY RECOURSE. TONY

rgeister
    SW Wisconsin

I have to say that this year I have changed my “goto” bait… It once was the spinnerbait… the Strike King Quad Fry Titantium with French Cut blades… in white or CHART… this lure still is ALWAYS tide on…

But, the goto this year has been the Yamomoto Fat(and skinny version) Ika, Black with Red Fleck Texas rigged. And, the unweighted Zoom Super Fluke – Shad color.

I am not “sold” on one manufacturer of lures… I keep weighting for Nitro to go on about Team Supreme… Wonder how long it will take…?

rgeister
    SW Wisconsin

I meant PITBULL… Oops… sorry, nitro. Wonder when PITBULL will say something about TEAM SUPREME or die?

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

Wow…this is a really tough question to answer..I like fishing topwater, weeds, slop etc..(hence the name) so when it comes to that, there is nothing better than a white scum frog w/orange tail. Pop-R is next of choice, but the Ultimate lure of all lures has to be a spinner bait. When can’t you fish a spinnerbait? They can be fished High/low, fast and slow…through weeds, rocks…almost everything…and they always produce…Spinnerbait–Best go to lure of all time!!!

danwi
    westby wi

Quote:

I meant PITBULL… Oops… sorry, nitro. Wonder when PITBULL will say something about TEAM SUPREME or die?

LOL…..oh wow!!!! if i was nitro i would have to hunt ya down and poke holes in your boat!!!!

dhnitro
    Markesan, WI

hey reel guy leave me outta the team supreme thing..i’m not worthy of fishing that… i can only fish the BFL and other lowely tourneys… : :..just kidding

My go to bait use to be a bitsy bug with a baby guido bug for a trailer….Now…don’t laugh here cause I’m serious..it’s a 4 inch Razor worm that I drop shot with….
    ok let the laughing begin…

rgeister
    SW Wisconsin

Thanks for going easy on me Nitro… Thanks for not pokeing holes in my boat!

Friday… Payday… Long weekend ahead… I was bound to make a mistake today… Wishing everyone a safe and happy Labor Day weekend! May the fishing gods be gracious and your wives be understanding…

Oh, and for Champman… serious girlfriends typically go with there “mates” fishing… they say love the outdoors… its when they get married they stop fishing with you…

Have a great weekend, all!

bucketmouth1

I would have to say that this year my confidence bait has been the tube, followed by a white spinnerbait. Everybody have a safe and good long weekend. Save some fish for me since I won’t be able to get out on the river this weekend.

onthewater
    Roanoke, Virginia

Confidence baits?

Hmm.

Black with red fleck tube .
    Watermelon red fleck tube .
    Swiming jig & black and blue jig .
    Norman crank bait .
    Strike King crank bait .
    1/4oz chart/white Colorado blade spinner bait .
    Dynamite .

Thanks,

OTW

Have a good & safe weekend, hey.

All those Harleys? 100,000 are staying three miles (two hills) from my house!

gunakapaducka
    bettendorf iowa

I like to always keep a purple senko tied on a spinning rod with light line and ya can’t go wrong tossing a buzzbait.

Keith

pitbull
    Too far from the river

Hey OnTheWater

Do you have any secrets left

urbanrivers

On the river, in the rocks, around docks, and on the timber it has been a bitsy tube by Strike King in white or brown and chartruese on a 1/8 oz tube jig. However, the smallies have been inhaling them the last couple of weeks, and I mean really gut hooking. They will be on them even before I close my bail. I have found that a #3 Mepps in-line spinner in Black and Chartruese has been very good and has cured the gut hooking problem as well.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.