Goose Island fishing report???

• krazzyk45
    La Crosse, WI

Anyone been out around Goose since we have had all the rain? Any luck?

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

I can tell you Pool 8 main channel is a lot cleaner than it was a week ago. Still some grass but I have not seen a tree go by all week now.

I would think a guy could find a bite going on at Goose Island, if not, head out for the main channel and fish White Bass.

With the flow picked up they are busting the tops of some wing dams. I would think the tail water at Dresbach would have a good whity bite going also.

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

shallow weed edges in cleaner water. You will find plenty of Largemouth going in the backwaters of goose right now. It’s a hunt for the bigger ones though..I spent a few hours out on Monday and caught around 25 largemouth all on swim jigs..however they were all under 14″ with the biggest coming in at 13.5″. It was tough out there for me, but the conditions were pretty tough with the hard south wind. Man the places that you normally would find clear water are dirty anyways because of the wind. Well enough of my venting. Now that things have stabled out a bit you should be able to get them going good!

brovarney

Cade quit whinning you could be on Naga-sucka…….

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

lol you’re right there..

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Now that’s funny. A lake kicks your butts so now it sucks

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

well i didn’t really say it sucked…

I’d rather fish the river, wouldn’t you?

It kicked everyone’s butts….

lax79
    La Crosse, WI

Thats Ok, Next year State will be on the river. We will see how these lake guys do. Either way, it should be good fishing and fun as always. I just hope Cade can make it to State next year.

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Quote:

I’d rather fish the river, wouldn’t you?

Of course What kind of question was that

I have taken nice fish off that sucky lake though

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.