Warning…Heads up when running Ambro area

• BassBull1
    Prairie du Chien,WI

Just a quick word on anyone fishing the Ambro area from now on.They have started to close off Black slough with ripp rap rock.This is the upper channel side.About 90 per cent closed off last night.All so the east side of Tillmont is getting closed down with a mud burm.Just thought I would say something about this because you early morning runners might have a little sleep and fog in your eyes so heads up and eyes wide open .Have a good summer. Steve

kennedy
    Manchester, Ia

Thanks for the heads up

jeremy-crawford
    Cedar Rapids Area

Just to clarify, They are mudding in Tilmont?, and the rocks are going in the top end where the main river dumps into ambro.
    jc

glenn-walker
    Shakopee, MN

I have attached a decent drawing of what I heard the Tilmont construction is going to look like. The put a rock closing dam where Black slough meets the main channel, not the Ambro.

BassBull1
    Prairie du Chien,WI

Good drawing bass boy.Looks good to me…..Locals call the fast running ditch just east of Tillmont and west of Mud Slough …Black Slough…As of last night when I drove by it was completely closed down!!!!! That is the upper end as you would meet the channel I should say. Good fishing this weekend to everyone.Steve…PS- The north end of Tillmont has a pond we call Gulks the mouth of this small lake all so has been rip rapped closed!!

sf26708

So will you still be able to get into Tilmont? And I read they will eventually do some dredging in Gremore by the time the project is finished. Doesn’t Gremore already have enough “deep” water for overwintering?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.