Florida Fishing Spring Break on Toho Advice Needed

• BassHog
    Wind Lake, WI

My Dad and I are heading to Florida on Lake Toho over Spring Break from school (March) . We’re doing this through a time share and will be hiring a guide. My boat is less than “reliable” so I don’t feel comfortable towing it 25 hours when it might break down when we get there. For this reason, we will be hiring a guide(s) for the 5 days that we’re there. Does anyone have any recommendations for both guide services and lodging? Also, how is the fishing there at that time of the year? I know that the Classic on Toho took place in February and a lot of bass were in pre-spawn or on their beds so I assume in March, that they’re either in post-spawn or still on their beds.

Keep in mind that both my Dad and I are experienced anglers (more or less ) so I want a top quality guide that can put us on fish.

Any information would be appreciated!

-Dusty

brovarney

Dusty I have the card of a guy that we have used a couple of times. He also is the one that sets up all of the guides when we have coorperete (sp) tourney’s down there. I’ll look for his info.

chewes
    Lansing, IL also known as the Flatland by the Border of IN.

Google Bob Bloom Florida guide, great guide. Don’t forget to tip and bring pleanty of Shinner money!
    I think this contact info should work
    Bass Fishing Minutes From Disney World. Capt. Bob Bloom. City: Kissimmee State/Prov: Florida Country: United States Phone: 1-888-847-6424

crawdaddy
    St. Paul MN

I lived on lake toho for 6 months last year. Talk to Mark at Big Toho Marina, he can set you up with a good guide, bait, the whole 9 yards. Pretty much 99% of the guide trips use live bait, artificials fishing is very tough down there. If you do throw artificials the top baits are horny toads, weightless senkos, paca craws(flipping), rattle traps, and topwaters (devils horse and chug bugs being some local favorites). I don’t know how many days you will be fishing, but Lake Okeechobee is about a 2 hour drive and Lake Kissimmee is probably 30-40 min drive depending on where you’re staying. I always did better on Kissimmee, and Okeechobee was my absolute favorite. Toho is a little tougher because it receives more pressure, being it’s closer to Orlando and Disney world. Have any more specific questions just shoot me a PM.

BassHog
    Wind Lake, WI

Thanks for the info guys, I appreciate it. I found on google that Art Ferguson (Flw Pro) does guide trips on Toho for a pretty reasonable price

davenorton50
    Burlington, WI

Looks like there is a BFL near the Kissimmee Chain in March. Maybe you and your dad can both get in a co-anglers . $100 a guy for 8 hours on the water (with a chance at winning some $$$ ).

HERE……..

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.