Team Supreme.

• jeremy-crawford
    Cedar Rapids Area

Team Supreme update:

Well it seems the gag order as it relates to Team Supreme has been lifted. I have had a chance to speak to Nevin this morning about the future of Team Supreme and have some news that I am sure you are all interested in.
    First and foremost, is the fact that Team Supreme and Team Supreme Tournament Trails are completely different business than the financial side of Nevins businesses. They have been given federal approval to proceed with business as usual. Monday they hope to have the ecommerce and informational sites back online and available to members and patrons.
    When the investigation started all assets were frozen which resulted in some outstanding monies due to some of the anglers and affiliates of Team Supreme. Now that they are able to conduct business they are in the process of making good an everything due. This process will not happen overnight but is being diligently pursued.
    There are a few changes that I wanted to let you all know of. First is that as of right now Nevin does not own any shares of the company but is working as a consultant in the daily operations. The tournaments for next year are still on and all permits are in order. I do know that Harry and Linda will still be taking care of us in this area.
    Speculations and hearsay have gone on for a while about selling trailers, tackle, and trademark. This is all the result of uninformed individuals.

So, as an angler I am very glad to see Team Supreme back in business. They have been and will continue to help us grow as fishermen and be champions of the fishery and environment as a whole.
    Thanks for your time.
    Jc

riverbassman

Still scares me! Sounds like he is trying to make things right which is good, I just think it may be too little too late. IMHO anyway.

riverbassman

Why would my post be edited? Is it because I disagreed with JC? I thought this was a board to talk about issues and concerns?? Guess I was wrong!

5bass
    near water

First off this is not meant to be a burn on team supreme o if anyone feels that way I am sorry. I have to agree with riverbassman, after an company goes through something like this it will be difficult to gain the trust of the public again. Yes they have people on the payroll who speak about the company and how great it is, but it is us the tournament anglers who have to decide if we will support them or not. I for one will not be fishing team supreme tournaments but that is a choice I made and everyone here has to make up their own minds on if they will support nevin and team supreme or not.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Riverbassman,

I’m not sure what you’re post said but if it went some thing like “just because Nevin is no longer listed as an owner of Team Supreme doesn’t mean I’m going to EVER spend another dollar with that company” then I can understand your sentiments. I’m willing to bet that the people working for TS are aware of this too.

8 million dollars is more than a room full of us work-a-days will see in a life time… combined.

TS has a LONG and steep hill to climb to earn back the trust of the fishermen that bought their products and fish their tournaments. My gut tells me that most that know the story here will never be able to put it out of their minds and TS will have trouble digging out of the hole they’re in.

glenn-walker
    Shakopee, MN

JC,
    Any information on the Championship?
    Thanks

gregh
    s.e. minn

Why would the “good folks” at team supreme even consider haveing Nevin around!! and as a consultant??

danwi
    westby wi

i think it’s like selling your car to a brother before a divorce for a buck

timdomaille
    Rochester Mn

IMO! I would not give a a dime to anything he is involved in after he has admitted taking retirement/investment money from investors! Whether the organization is not in his name or not! He is still involved!

fishinallday
    Montrose Mn

Since this story came out I have had a very difficult time keepling my mouth shut. I am in the insurance and financial services industry. (Insurance agent, Retierment planner call me what you will.)

The alogations that have been made against Nevin are unimaginable. These people trusted him! They allowed him into there homes and shared there dreams with him. If true, these crimes are unforgivable.

I for one will never fish a tournament or spend a dime with TS while he is involved.

When the time comes that he is removed. Well… thats a topic for another day.

Please forgive my rant. This hits home for me.

Chris

davec
    St. Paul MN.

One thing tournament angler’s should remember is any time a tournament organization does not make good on prize money, it should be reported to there state D.N.R. because this does effect the permitting process and helps protect tournament anglers.
    Any angler who’s morals allow them to fish with an organization that was built on the backbone of a ponzi scam, I say good luck in your fishing endeavors.

jeremy-crawford
    Cedar Rapids Area

Sorry for the delay. I have been out of the office. My apologies. I didn’t remove anything that I was accurate. The verbage as I recall ( granted it has been a couple days ) was that Nevin stole 8 million dollars. This hasn’t been proven so until it has we can only speculate as to the truth. I have no problem calling a spade a spade but lets just wait and see. I do know that the person who was in charge of the investigation is no longer in this role. I could speculate as to what that means but I won’t. Again, Sorry for the delay.
    jc

jeremy-crawford
    Cedar Rapids Area

First off don’t kill the messenger!!!
    It is my understanding that the admission of stealing 8 million dollars is not accurate and that it is speculation. I know its easy to get emotionally involved in things of this nature but it will all work out in the wash and we will all have some type of closure.
    Just contemplate for a minute that Nevin is completely innocent of any wrong doings. Then what have we gained or better yet, what have we lost. I am not trying to sway anything. Just trying to keep things in perspective. Until this happened I can guarantee everyone here that Team Supreme Tournaments are the best run in the area bar none.

riverbassman

I think the missing word is “were” not the “are” the best run tourneys….
    I too like to wait for the courts to work, this is America, but from what I have read, he has all but admited to this rip-off scheme.
    I guess we will see the participation level in the TS events next year. I know I will not be in them.

chewes
    Lansing, IL also known as the Flatland by the Border of IN.

I have sat back through this whole thing and watched. No I am not a TS fan or backer, but I am a competitor. You would think I would be dancing for joy, but I feel exact opposite. First off I do believe this is the first payout hiccup by the TS circuit. Unlike some others like Big Bucks who bounce checks all the time. I do not agree with what happened, but you can’t pay someone money locked up by the government. What happened outside of the reaches of TS honestly now has nothing to do with us, unless you were one of the alleged victims. True or false? Kicking a horse when it is down is easy. True or false? If you have comments toward Nevin direct them his way, none of us know what really happened or will. Remember there are always at least 2 sides to a story. I for one am happy TS will be running tournaments next year and believe or not hope they survive this mess. I am a firm believer in the American economy and how it creates competition. It is good for the customers and the businesses. Without it, why advertise or try to make a better product. So as someone looking in from the outside, don’t burn bridges you can’t repair.
    This is just a point of view not an attack or me trying to tell anyone what to do.

jeremy-crawford
    Cedar Rapids Area

Very well said. Thanks Casey.

glenn-walker
    Shakopee, MN

JC,
    What about the championship, any details?
    Thanks,

jeremy-crawford
    Cedar Rapids Area

Sorry, I can’t say for sure yet but I will let everyone know as soon as I can.
    jc

spourciau
    Louisiana

Speaking as a former director for Team Supreme let me say that we love Nevin dearly and pray to God that the accusations made against him are false. At this years Championship we were able to spend a lot of time with Nevin and we consider him a dear friend and he will always be welcome in our home. After a lot of consideration and many conversations with our anglers we had to make the choice to leave TS. IF someone/anyone with the company would have returned our many phone calls, emails, etc. then maybe we would have been able to salvage our circuit. But, since nobody would contact us we had no choice. Put yourself in our shoes for a minute, you are in the mall shopping with your daughter and the cell phone rings. It is another circuit trying to recruit you to fish with them, “Thanks but no thanks, our loyalties are with Nevin and Team Supreme” was my husband’s response. That is when we were told what was going on. We had to learn about it from a complete stranger. Imagine our shock and surprise. And then to make matters worse nobody would return our phone calls. We came home and got on the computer. I read every article written up until that point. We have ENORMOUS competition where we live there are three major circuits we are competing with. We could not afford to sit and wait for TS to get it together when we have tournaments starting in February. Our anglers are loyal to US and we will not risk our reputations. My husband and his father have fished with and against our anglers for over 20 years. They are both VERY respected here and will NEVER do anything to jeopardize the name they have built for themselves in the tournament circuits here.

mkeehn
    Indiana

While many of us, myself included, hated the silence that has taken place since the ACCUSATIONS. Sometimes it may be best to remain silent. I’ve known Nevin for awhile, and one thing I have notice about him is there’s a reason for everything he does.I’ll support him and TS until this thing works out. Innocent until proven guilty.I am also a director for Team Supreme, and plan on providing my support to the tournament side of this thing to the end.

spourciau
    Louisiana

GOOD LUCK!!! And I sincerely mean that. We hold no ill will what so ever toward Nevin or Team Supreme and hope that one day soon we can reconnect with all the great people we met over the last year.

mossboss
    La Crescent, MN

That is an, um, interesting user name.

spourciau
    Louisiana

One of our anglers nicknamed me that after he saw me taking care of a problem with another angler after a tournament and it stuck. I learned the hard way that I would have to stand up to these guys or they would walk all over me.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

One of our anglers nicknamed me that after he saw me taking care of a problem with another angler after a tournament and it stuck. I learned the hard way that I would have to stand up to these guys or they would walk all over me.

I changed your name to “kindagrouchy.” Your previous name was inappropriate for the site we have here. If you’re not fond of the name I selected go to your “my home” and select a new display name.

spourciau
    Louisiana

Didn’t mean to offend anyone.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

No problem. We’re happy to have you here.

mkeehn
    Indiana

I know you kindagrouchy, you would never intentionally offend anyone…honest.

spourciau
    Louisiana

How sweet, you remember little ole’ me. LOL!!

mkeehn
    Indiana

You have the respect of your anglers, and they know exactly where they stand, I’m just saying you never let ’em forget it !! LOL !

sports_anchor
    Albert Lea, MN

Is it true that TS was bought by the husband/wife couples that ran the Iowa and Indiana divisions? I’ve also heard that the championship is back on for Kentucky Lake in April and TS will run five divisions, including two on the river, but no Minnesota?

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.