5a & 6 Bass

• Loomy
    Crystal, Minnesota

Hi All,
    I’ve got a tourney coming up on 5a & 6 in a couple weeks and am looking for some ideas on where to find some fish. Anything you folks can do to help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Loomy

greg

Well, I’m not sure which pool buffalo city is in…it’s up there somewhere…we just fished there a little bit Saturday. Nailed about 10 bass stacked around a woodjam at the tip of an island. Current was pushing up against the sides and they were chasing some bait. Small crank and traps got em.

dodge_boy
    Minocqua, Wi

Buffalo City is on pool 5. I have been getting them good on 5a and 6. Current pushing into weed has been the ticket late. Top water in the early morning.

mossboss
    La Crescent, MN

Loomy:

Sent you a pm.

Loomy
    Crystal, Minnesota

Thanks for your help! Does it matter if it is the main current pushing into the weed or any current will do? Have you been getting SM & LM or just one of the 2? Are you still able to catch them after the topwater bite ends? Any big ones?

Loomy

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

MossBoss,
    do you know anyone that guides on pool 5A or 6?

dodge_boy
    Minocqua, Wi

I’m don’t think anyone does. But then again i’m not really sure. I haven’t heard of anyone that does which is fine with me though.

adloos
    Winona, MN

In my last few times out on pool 5a I have found that grassy points along with a little current have been holding some nice largemouth. What I have been doing is flipping grubs and tubes along the edges, and they are just crackin it. Its been awesome!!!

smallie2
    winona minnesota

I too have found good largemouth on grass in current. some good ones are on wood also,and the slop bite is good in the park.Smallies were going strong early in the day on some wingdams before the water came up. tubes and topwaters were working. Have been getting the largies on black/chartreuse jig with black/green saltcraw trailer.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.