Pool 5 map

• Loomy
    Crystal, Minnesota

Can any of you give me a suggestion on what the best map for pool 5 is and where I could get it? I’ll be traveling the Minnesota side down from the cities this weekend. If there’s somewhere I could stop on the way I’d appreciate it. Thanks, Loomy

urbanrivers

Check the DNR offices in St. Paul. They have a free booklet on the river that is accurate about both wingdams and the like as well shore information. The Coast Guard puts out a set of charts for the river that are really good, although 10 years old but I don’t think you could get tem as quickly.

bass addict
    Eagan, MN

Fishing Hot Spots has books with all the navigable pools in them. Look for the specific book at bait and tackle stores that sell them i.e. Gander Mountain, Cabela’s, etc.

bigdog10
    Waterloo, Iowa

Loomy, ditto on the Fishing Hot Spots books. Very comprehensive.

flick
    Alma WI

do they make a “fishing hot spots” one for Pool 5?? I never been able to find one..i have found them on Pool 4..but never pool 5

fireflick
    Alma WI

I just got off the phone with Fishing Hot spots Maps and they said they do not make one. They only make one for pools 4, 9, 13, and one other one way down the river.

bass addict
    Eagan, MN

I’ll look in my map collection when I get a chance and post the publication number and information. Until then, look out for shallow water.

LeoKam
    Camp Lacupolis, MN

Flick, I’ve got a Pool 5 map. I’m coming up there Sunday for 3 days. Send me a private messagfe on where to drop it off.

mossboss
    La Crescent, MN

I have a Fishing Hot Spots book with Pools 5a, 6, and 7 in it. I bought the book probably 15 years ago. The maps and wing dam designantions are very good, often better wing dam markings than the Corps maps. I know at that time there was a book for Pools 4 and 5 too. I wish I would have bought it too. As for the marked “hot spots”, well, you and I could sit down with the maps and mark the most likely spots just as well. But the maps are very good.

Now if someone could just put out a yearly updated map on which cuts are runnable without breaking your motor!!! LOL

Loomy
    Crystal, Minnesota

Thanks Guys! I’ll check Gander tonight to see if they sell the book you’re talking about. I was kind of hoping that Hotspots made a large one like pool 4 but I guess not. I’ll be down there tomorrow looking for those big smallies!!!! Any ideas for me? Loomy

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.