pool 8 main channel

• HOOSIER
    West Salem, Wi.

On the water this morning at 9 am, off at 11 am. Originally started with walleye in mind. However the first few casts found s.m. bass close to the shore, in 2-4 feet of water. Changed to weighted hooks, and creatures, blue produced the best. Worked approx. 3/4 of a mile of shoreline, with current breaks, and had a busy 2 hours. Casting right to the shore line, or structure, and jigging the bait from shore was the method. Swimming the bait produced nothing. Shallow water, max 6 feet, held fish today. Had the hookups equaled the pickups it would have been a 40 + fish day. I believe the light weight had a lot to do with the pickups. The lightness of the weight often prevented feeling the pickup right away. The current would sweep the bait along before you could realize a tight line. Heavier weight produced a negative response. The spot on the spot was right where the current and the slack water met, and 2-4 feet of water. Today the bass were holding at every current break, where rock, or a wall, or shoreline provided a change in current. Colors used were blue, or blue-black, or brown. Weighted hook, soft plastic creatures, june bug, brush hog, 3-5 inch long. Blue was the dominant color.

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Thanks for the detailed report Now if the storms hold off I might get a chance to play on the river too!

tony_apisa
    E. Moline Illinois along the Rock River

Quote:

Thanks for the detailed report Now if the storms hold off I might get a chance to play on the river too!

With that magnetic personality of your’s Bret, you probable would get hit my lightning on a clear day.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.