Bass Biology

• fishingdm

I am wanting to learn as much as i can about the biology of bass, more so smallmouth bass. I want to learn about habitats they prefer, eating habits, spawning cycles etc. By learning this I think would make me a better fisherman for them. Does anyone know of any good resources where I could find this information? Books, videos, websites, etc?

Thanks!

Bass Pundit
    8m S. of Platte/Sullivan Lakes, Minnesocold

In-fisherman’s book on Sm. Can be gotten on Amazon for about $7 or go to your local library and see if they have a copy or can get one.

fishingdm

In-fisherman’s book on Sm. Can be gotten on Amazon for about $7 or go to your local library and see if they have a copy or can get one.

Thanks. I ordered this book and it was a good read. Lots of good information.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Kevin Van Dam has some good videos on his youtube channel about smallies, as does Tactical Bassin. Also, Bassmaster’s website puts out a ton of good articles on many different topics that are written by the pros.

Buzz
    Minneapolis MN

Hi, don’t know where you live, but the best source of information is the DNR Fisheries office nearest to you and those really good smallmouth anglers who are out there, some are on this board. Folks who dive in Smallie waters seem to have a wealth of info.

smallie_hawgin
    MN, Central

Try looking up some articles in google scholar. That will lead you to a bunch of peer reviewed research topics. There have also been a host of reports done by state, tribal, federal and even private firms, that tried to understand behavior, movement, habitat use, spawning, recruitment, age, survival and mortality. If you need some help, give me a shout.

zachary Wietzema

im not so positive about smallmouth. but if you need to know anything about large mouth fishing look at tacticalbassin on youtube. they put out 3 videos a week with a ton of information in each

Dan Baker

I have found the Youtube bass guys to be super helpful. My personal favorite is Lake Fork Guy (LFG). He knows a ton and teaches while fishing. Second favorite for information is Flukemaster. He’s a little dry, but tons of info. Tatical Bassin is also great.

fishingdm

Thanks. I have a do watch those you tube channels, they are very helpful. I also like NDYakAngler. Not so informative as the others, but hi video quality is some of the best I have seen for a fishing channel.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.