Bait Shop in Eau Claire, WI

• Brandon Meyers
    Eau Claire, WI

Anyone know of a decent bait shop in Eau Claire? I know of Bills up in Chippewa but curious if anyone has a spot in Eau Claire?

hartridge

Following, the bait shop on Birch Street closed this fall after almost 40 years. Love Bill’s in Chippewa as it is an old fashion bait shop. I think Scheels has bait as well as the local Kwik Trips. Fleet Farm bait can be pretty iffy and needs to be opened before you purchase. Following to find a “real” bait shop in Eau Claire.

Tom Albrecht
    Eau Claire

I’d say your best bet is either Scheels or Mouldy’s. I wouldn’t say there is a “really good” shop in the area.

Allen C. Wegener

Scheels in Eau Claire has a decent live bait section but ask where to find it when you get in the store, otherwise got to Mouldy’s Archery a block north of Walmart off hwy 124.

Brandon Meyers
    Eau Claire, WI

Thanks guys, I didn’t realize scheels sold live bait. I go to bills in Chippewa but annoying to drive 25 min north to turn around and drive back to lake Altoona or Eau claire.

supercat
    Eau Claire, WI

The ace hardware store on birch st. Has live bait and tackle.

hartridge

Super cat just reminded me. The Ace Hardware on Clairemont also has live bait.

Jonesy

What kind of bait are you looking for?

Jim Clark
    Chippewa Falls, WI

I know this doesn’t apply to the original request, but here is another list of Chippewa Falls area baits shops, besides Mouldy’s in Lake Hallie…

You can also try the BP Station next to the courthouse on North Bridge Street…They advertise live bait, not sure about minnows though…

Try Jacobson’s Hardware Store on Central Street, but also try at their Lake Wissota store along CTH “J”… They do have minnows year round…

If travelling further north, you can check out the Jim Falls Cenex Station…They have a bait shop area inside, but again, not so sure about minnows…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.