Baffin Apex

• biggill
    East Bethel, MN

I know there is some dislike out there for certain Baffin models. Has anyone ever had a bad experience with the Apex model?

I’ve had a model that I think preceded the Apex model since Gander was still in Fridley, where I bought them. They are very warm but are now extremely leaky. Looking to get the latest and greatest.

No I’m not considering any other brand so don’t bother.

Thx

Dave maze
    Isanti

I’ve had those for three years now. No issues.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

The baffins seem to be working more in to a bad name then positive

shady5

I was wondering about the Apex’s too. I have the Impacts, which are HUGE and not that warm.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Is there someplace in the twin cities that carries Apex? I haven’t found a place yet.

Dusty Gesinger
    Minnetrista, Minnesota

No idea about the apex, but I love my titans!

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

I owned the same pair of Apex 2016 and 2017. They were fantastic. Finally did them in with a nasty auger cut to the left boot. Replaced them this year with Baffin Wolf Snow and hated them. They leaked, offer the ankle support of a kid’s moon boot, and were unnaturally cold at temps that even a marginal product (20 degrees) should have had no problems.

I’ve replaced the Wolf Snow (Snow Wolf??) with a new pair of Apex. Assuming Baffin hasn’t changed anything with the Apex I should be back in business.

Dusty Gesinger
    Minnetrista, Minnesota

I think they are snow wolf’s.

ClownColor
    Inactive
    The Back 40

I was wondering about the Apex’s too. I have the Impacts, which are HUGE and not that warm.

If the impacts can’t keep your feet warm, I’m not sure there is a boot out there that will. LOL

My friends with apex love theirs.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Not a bad price on the Apex boats either. Just ordered up a pair from shoes.com this morning. With 30% discount final price was just under $140.

al-wichman
    SE Wisconsin

I’ve had the Apex for 3 years now I have zero complaints. I looked at a ton of options before settling on them. I would do it again for sure.

TheCrappieFisherman
    West Metro

Friend just got the Eigers and really likes them. Apex look great also. Both are on my list for possible future boots

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

The baffins seem to be working more in to a bad name then positive

Over the years I’ve certainly seen bad reviews specifically about leaking. But it seems to be isolated to a certain model or two. Mine and the Apex, I haven’t seen even one negative so I figured I’d solicit some feedback in case anyone is holding back. That and I saw James was disappointed in his new boots but it looks like the Apex boots are the way to go.

I’ve provided feedback on mind in the past and I’ve always recommended leather uppers if you buy Baffin. It’ll allow the boot fit inside your pant leg.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

I wore my Apex yesterday and ditched the Snow Wolf pair I had been wearing. What a difference!

PikeFishman
    St. Paul, MN

I just picked up some of the Control Max from shoes.com for about $100. Haven’t used them yet but can already tell they’ll be much warmer than my Muck Arctic Sports. Only concern I have now is the boot icing up since I’m used to everything shedding away from the Mucks.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I’m on my 3 or 4th year with my Apex. They are a bit bulky and heavy. But by far the warmest boot that I have ever wore. A good clean up and condition each year and look almost like new after 3 or 4 years

travis mccolley

Love my impacts, had them two years now and I can spend all day doing. The ice in them

I do throw them on a dryer when I get home

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.