Badgers 9-0

• Mike Stephens
    WI.

Yeah I can already hear what some are thinking. ” But they haven’t played a rank team”. And I know we’ve floundered the last few Big 10 championship games, but I think the talent is there to compete with the OSU’s, Penn St. or anyone else this year. The no respect coming from the BSC committee will only bolster their play. If they can stay healthy I like our chances. They have been fun to watch. GO BADGERS!!! yay yay yay

reelman
    Inactive

It would be nice to see OSU tripped up

reelman
    Inactive

Iowa has just ruined the badgers stregth of schedule rating

reelman
    Inactive

And now Penn States ranking about to be blown up.

Not much NCAA cred being developed by the Big 10 Conference.

Mike Stephens
    WI.

Just tells me that the Big 10 is a more competitive conference is all.

reelman
    Inactive

Maybe,
    Makes it hard to crack the SEC bias when the conference championship game will have teams with two or more loses in it.

bigpike

If the badgers keep winning, things will take care of itself. They will not be able to deny a undefeated big 10 champion in the playoff regardless of schedule
    Go bucky!

Mike Martine
    Inactive
    la crosse wis

Huge badger fan here . Mike , I agree , they have a lot of talent and should be able to play with anyone , but the fact is , it’s hard to tell how good they really are because they’ve played a pretty weak schedule , . I don’t have a problem with the bcs ranking , if they want respect , they have to schedule the big boys , then go beat em . Bigpikes right , just keep winning and things will work out. Go Bucky!!!

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

Badgers have always been worth watching. I have seen more games at Camp Randall then I could ever count. The Gophers have been so far behind that program, it’s just funny. lol

hawkguy

Iowa has just ruined the badgers stregth of schedule rating

We are going to do more than that next weekend! In all seriousness, keep winning and the rankings will take care of itself. Iowa was in a similar situation a couple years ago.

reelman
    Inactive

Unfortunately other than OSU/Urban Meyer,the rest of the BIG 1O teams due not carry the same year in and year out credibility that media darlings carry.

hnd

its not wisc’s fault that a lot of these teams are dogs. but they need a lot of help from the rest of the power 5 teams.

they need ND to beat miami then lose to stanford, then miami to beat clemson. tcu to beat OU, and georgia or bama to get blown out by one or the other. and they obviously have to win out.

reelman
    Inactive

Unfortunately 9-0 in the Big 10, does not carry the same weight as 9-0 in the SEC.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Just win baby…

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Undefeated Big 10 Champs will get in the tourney imo. Now Bucky just needs to make that happen!

reelman
    Inactive

Not sure if they can get past the Angry Gopher.
    FWI-Eliteness has been redefined as a boat with one oar in the water

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Unfortunately 9-0 in the Big 10, does not carry the same weight as 9-0 in the SEC.

Or even OSU’s 5 and 0 in the Big 10 if your schedule includes teams like Penn State, Michigan State and Oklahoma as an NC opponent as Ohio State’s does.

Not taking anything away from WI, just saying that strength of schedule does actually matter. 3 of OSU’s toughest games and their only loss so far and 2 tough Big 10 conference opponents are all teams that aren’t even on WI’s schedule.

Grouse

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Personally I kind of hope Bama, Georgia and Notre Dame make the playoff, so the ACC/Big 10/Big 12/Pac 10 pressure them to expand it to 8. And then I hope a similar situation happens again, and it goes to 16 and 32. A 32 team D1 Football Playoff would be AWESOME, and they would just need to get rid of a couple of the non-conference games, and the crappy bowl games. FCS, D2 and D3 all do this and it is awesome.

Dan
    Southeast MN

Although highly unlikely, I totally agree. A bigger playoff bracket would be great and remove some of the opinionated ranking drama. I don’t see a bracket getting too big because of the amount of violent, big-time games needed to complete the playoffs, although like you said Werm you could go to 1-2 non-conference tune-up games. Plus then you’d have no need to schedule tough opponenents in the NC schedule to earn more respect from the committee, because more teams would rightfully get in.

I just think it’s stupid that there’s possiblities that conference champs from good conferences sometimes don’t make the playoffs. It shows that the championships really do mean nothing. This might be a horrible example, but the Twins won some mighty bad divisions in the last decade or so, but they made the playoffs because the black-and-white, concrete standard was that MLB had their divisions and if you won one of them you’d be in the playoffs. No opinions from humans necessary.

Add in this conundrum: What if Wisconsin goes undefeated but loses in the BIG Championship and ends with the same record as Notre Dame, who does have a decently legit NC schedule but doesn’t have to play in, nor worry about a conference championship game?

youngfry
    Northeast Iowa

If Wisconsin goes undefeated they will go to the playoff. Period, end of story. If they lose they’re out.

Whoever set the line for this game is drunk. Iowa vs Wisconsin games are never more than 1 score. 13.5? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Not sure who wins Saturday but I bet its 1 score either way.

hnd

it would in the b10 east. the sec is not what it once was. there are only 4 teams that are decent and 2 of them are paper tigers (ms st and auburn)

wimwuen
    LaCrosse, WI

The SEC is terribly top heavy. The competition for the Badgers has been down this year. When you look at the teams they play this year, you would normally get 2-3 top 25 teams, but those teams are just down this year.

Nebraska has been ranked most of the times they’ve played in the last 5 or so years, Iowa is usually ranked, or very close to it. Michigan is usually ranked when they play, and Northwestern is ranked occasionally. If you look at the mid season rankings for those 4 teams over the last 10 years, you’ll see that you can usually count on 2 or 3 of them being somewhere in the top 25.

It is not the Badgers fault that all 4 of them failed to be ranked when they meet up, at minimum they should have games against ranked Iowa and ranked Michigan during regular season, and if they win out, play a ranked OSU, Penn State or MSU. That would be 3 top 25s and a conference championship (assuming they win out). That resume does get slightly better over this next 4 week stretch.

Jonesy

Make the tournament and get blasted by Georgia or Alabama is my prediction.

They are not a very good team. Cupcake schedule and a shaky qb. I’m not convinced they win out

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

Lol yeah they are a terrible undefeated team. Absolutely not good at all. Sarcasm.

Jonesy

Lol yeah they are a terrible undefeated team. Absolutely not good at all. Sarcasm.

Didn’t say they are terrible. They are not very good. They are not a national championship contender. Their rank of 9 is pretty much where they should be.

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

Add in this conundrum: What if Wisconsin goes undefeated but loses in the BIG Championship and ends with the same record as Notre Dame, who does have a decently legit NC schedule but doesn’t have to play in, nor worry about a conference championship game?
    [/quote]

Notre Dame doesn’t have a NC schedule. They play their share of cupcakes also. Navy, Army, AF those teams have not been good in decades. This is the first year in quite sometime that Miami has a strong team. SEC has about 5 strong teams and as stated above usually The Big Ten is stronger from top to bottom than most conferences in the country.

Jonesy

Notre Dame doesn’t have a NC schedule. They play their share of cupcakes also. Navy, Army, AF those teams have not been good in decades. This is the first year in quite sometime that Miami has a strong team. SEC has about 5 strong teams and as stated above usually The Big Ten is stronger from top to bottom than most conferences in the country.

[/quote]

I’ve always been of the opinion that nd should not be considered for anything until they join a conference.

Mike Stephens
    WI.

Speaking of media darlings– Notre dame barely beats Wake forest this week and seats ahead of the Badgers in the AP poll. rotflol Shows you the respect Bucky gets in this country and across the river. But maybe the Badgers can make them all eat crow in a few weeks. Wi. has a lot of beef on those lines as well as good rb’s and receivers and a fair qb. Might get interesting indeed. Hope a few of you are hungry. grin

chomps
    Sioux City IA

How about those Hawks!

Attachments:
    1. IMG_2528.jpg

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 64 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.