Baby geese

• sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

Saw my first batch of puff balls following ma and pa goose yesterday. I swear it get’s earlier every year. I would have thought with the cold weather and snow they would hold off on nesting, but I guess not.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I have not seen any Baby Geese yet. We do have baby mallards in the wetland ( Normally dry land ) in our back yard. I found it strange that I saw baby ducks before baby geese. I believe this is the 1st time that this has happened – For me anyways.

tegg
    Hudson, Wi/Aitkin Co

I stumbled onto this nest while stream fishing on Apr 14 which was 3-1/2 weeks ago.

Attachments:
    1. 50F351D5-F90F-4F3C-8C63-D02ECCB56BA9.jpeg

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Saw my first batch of puff balls following ma and pa goose yesterday. I swear it get’s earlier every year.

A global warming thread. yay

sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>sticker wrote:</div>
    Saw my first batch of puff balls following ma and pa goose yesterday. I swear it get’s earlier every year.

NO, PLEASE NO, PLEASE GOD NO!!!!

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>biggill wrote:</div>

With the water clarity rapidly improving and killing walleyes that were once stacked on top of eachother like firewood, the geese can now more successfully locate their mates earlier, thus causing the earlier hatches.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>biggill wrote:</div>

With the water clarity rapidly improving and killing walleyes that were once stacked on top of eachother like firewood, the geese can now more successfully locate their mates earlier, thus causing the earlier hatches.

Because Geese and Ducks are the cause of all of our AIS problems – Lakeshore owners associations will no longer allow them on THEIR lake – That is unless they fly to a inspection site in Mexico and have their butts inspected and go thru wash down process. Then they will be allowed to return to use the lakes here. Unless they lose their sticker along the way back.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

I can say for sure that I have one sure sign of spring that I can remember back at least 25 years. It’s the date where the flowering crab trees are at full bloom. I can tell you nearly every year they would be at full bloom on mother’s day, otherwise known as the day after opener.

I’m still waiting for the first flower to open on mine this year.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.