Autochart PC anyone?

• fishingchallenged

Anyone using the Autochart PC or Autochart PC Pro programs? Are they worth the money? What benefits are you getting from them?

I’m looking at adding a zero line card, so the added cost for the software is “reasonable”, but it’s still money so wondering if it is worth it.

marineman

I’ve got it; I think it depends on what you have for equipment (namely, do you have a head unit equipped with AutoChart Live already) and what you want to do with the output.

I bought it to map a lake that I don’t fish often but have family members that do that don’t have humminbird units to output a paper map (and I got the software for a cheap price).

For my use; autochart live covers my needs on the head unit.

Chip Cromarty

I ran my Helix 10 with just AutoChart live mapping for 4 years. I found that if I turned off the contour lines in the AutoChart options, my Gen 1 unit was able to draw maps fast enough to keep up with my boat position at 25 mph. Editing bad data on the head unit is a painful process, tho. Anyway, this winter I decided to create the AutoChart Lakemaster maps using the PC program, primarily because I would like to put those maps on more than one unit. Learning AutoChart PC is a painful process, mostly because of poor documentation. Those who know how to use it take too many steps for granted, and there is a lot of poor, bad and even incorrect info about it on YouTube.

The end result for me is a really nice set of maps, and a fair bit of knowledge about how to add to them going forward. AutoChart Live maps are pretty good. AutoChart PC maps are much nicer.

Take the time, learn the program enough to create your maps. You’ll be glad you did.

The attached pic is part of my map, a screen shot from my Helix unit.

Cheers!

Chip

Attachments:
    1. 56B52432-51D8-4412-8C06-7BD357C97916.jpeg

patk
    Nisswa, MN

Any suggestions on how to find a deal on the software? I need to buy it before next open water. Typically I can find everything else hbird on sale but this isn’t even stocked many places.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.