atvs on metro ice

• mnfishhunt
    Brooklyn Park, MN

is the ice thick enough, i have yet to be out and I dont want to drag by hand through this snow. anyone been out?

Evan Pheneger
    Hastings, MN

Depends on the lake, I was on east rush this weekend and we had a safe 7-8″ with sleds and wheelers everywhere.

The best bet is to check the ice on the lake you want to fish yourself. I wouldn’t risk my life just because some keyboard jockey says there is enough ice on metro lakes.

mnfishhunt
    Brooklyn Park, MN

I plan on checking when I get there I just dont want to drive all over the place looking at ice, so your report helps a lot, thanks

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

if you have a smart phone you can download the ice report app. should give you some hints. personally i have only been out to one west metro lake and found only 3-5 inches of slushy garbage.

bowtecmike
    Zimmerman mn

I was on elk lake in Zimmerman yesterday had 8″ of ice everywhere I went with my snowmobile.

slipbob_nick
    Princeton, MN

just setup spear house on lunch break in Roseville/arden hills 5-6″ ice

Matt Brookman
    Stillwater, MN

The best ice report is your own spud bar.

mnfishhunt
    Brooklyn Park, MN

local bait store said 4-6, never made it out, must go further north tomorrow i will.

Cody O’Reilley
    Maple Grove, MN

i was out saturday in the metro, and the lake i fished had about 5 inches, but heard ice was only 2.5-3 inches on lakes further north west. sounds like ice conditions are really all over the place. if it was me id be dragging the house out

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Not one single person On Leech, +10″. People dont travel where there isn’t others. Take chances and be safe. Virgin ice is the best!

I’ll get back to ya in the next week for a few west metro areas waytogo

smackemup
    North Metro

I hit a south metro lake expecting solid ice Sunday night, also found 3-5 inches of garbage ice.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Yep, the three lakes I’ve been on have had 5-7, 3-5, and 3-6 with the last one have another 3 inches of slush/water on top. Pretty hairy out there right now. My fire dept responded to two idiots who put their trucks through the ice on White Bear this weekend (two separate incidents)……lucky it wasn’t thick enough for them to get to deeper water.

Jordan

A Christmas day rainstorm is showing up on most weather models as of now, could change. But with over a inch of rain with temps near 40 degrees..that could help our situation if we can get cold after that…but then again models show us staying near 30 for the high, lows in the upper teens or low 20s….Pretty depressing lol…..

kabefisherman11

Seriously guys driving on white bear already. Come on people common sense.

mnfishhunt
    Brooklyn Park, MN

ended up on Mille Lacs and a half dozen perch came home with me so it was all worth it to me, I doubt Ill be fishing much around home this winter

rjthehunter
    Brainerd

Monday I was out on the wheeler on 7″ near Avon, Plenty of ice, just check!!! Also depends on the wheeler, the one I use early ice is fairly light! Check as you go and be safe, don’t become another statistic

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.