Polaris Ranger or Bad Boy Buggy

• swimingjig
    Waumandee, WI

I am looking at buying a Polaris Ranger or a Bad Boy Buggy and was wondering if anyone has one and what there opinions are on them. Also where is the cheapest place to buy one. Thanks in advance.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

What are you mainly looking at to do with it???? What is it’s main purpose??

hooknfinger
    Rochester, Minnesota

Neither of them can be driven down state trails. Both are over 1000 lbs GVW. If your strictly using it for hunting only, get the bad boy, if you want to use it for hunting and then taking out ice fishing or to haul stuff get the ranger.

rvrat
    st cloud,mn

I dont own either but my father in law owns a Ranger and it is great for what he uses it for..He owns a farm and for hauling, pulling, or working the farm it is better then any four wheeler…For what he uses it for. Ive ridden it it often and it is great for certain things. I think the Ranger and BB Buggy are two pretty different machines and it would depentd on what you need or want to do with it that would depend on which one is best for you..either way good luck with what ever you get…and post some pics if you pick up a new machine…Jay

big_g
    Isle, MN

How long/miles will a BadBoy go, before it starts getting weak ??? Always wanted to know.

big G

Prestige
    Elgin, MN

Battery power would not work for me no matter what I am using it for. I have used both a Ranger browning edition with cab and the Ranger RZR. The only complaint I have with the first one is how loud it is, even with the cab. But it sure is nice driving around the lake with the heater and GPS while hauling the shack around. Also fast enough to drive down the roads around home. They get a lot of miles on the roads. MDMA John Deere in Durand, WI has been a good place to go. Have never really shopped around much. Only reason I have gone there is because it is on the way to my dads lake house in Menominee, and even if I had a fifteen thousand dollar check taped to my head I still do not think I could get any service at River Valley in Rochester.

swimingjig
    Waumandee, WI

It will mostly be used for hunting, but it will be doing a fair amount of work. Hauling hay and feed for the animals, water for the water holes, preparing food plots stuff like that. I just thought it would be nice to have something that could haul two or three people and gear comfortably. We have two 4 wheelers but it just seems that sometimes a box would be handy. They say the Bad Boy can go 28 miles at 17mph.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

I would probably say Ranger in your case. If it is strictly hunting, if noise is an issue, and you are as anal about scent control as I am then I would lean towards a BAD BOY. Also make sure you consider maintenance. Once those 8 batteries go bad, take a good look at the replacement cost of those. Also looking at service where is the closest place to bring the Bad Boy in???? Just some future things to look at and as always just my $.02.

Good Luck, I would love to have either one!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.