kodiak 400 w/ independant or Suzuki vinson 500?

• KJK
    Cottage Grove

Looking at buying an atv. Primary use would be ice fishing with a couple rides during the summer.Narrowed douwn my serch to (2) models. Can’t decide which one I want. Anyone have either of these models?

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

I would think for the use intended for inmind, I would go the yamaha 400 but if you have intentions of ever installing a snow plow I personally would go with the Susuki 500 .It’s a little heavier and 1 gallon bigger gas tank.

Yamaha may be a little smoother ride as it has independant.
    Before you do buy think long term and other uses you may want out of it.

Both machines are good ones ,I do know more people that own the Kodiaks , not sure of the sizes tho.

Go to thier web site and check ALL specs and get the best machine for your money.

moler02
    Iowa, Knoxville

There is a Suzuki Vinson 500 on Craig’s list Des Moines area, it is a 2004 with a new blade. Looks very nice.

birddog
    Mn.

I was looking at both machines in 05 models recently.

Something to consider, the Kodiak doesn’t have a low gear. Most guys that use them to plow, tow and untility work are clutching them to get better low end. I passed as I didn’t want to mess with it to get to work for me.

The vinson came with auto transmission or manual. The shift model comes with a super low, which is great…but shifting sucks IMHO. But, at lest the auto transmission has a low gear which will be plenty to get the utility work done.

If those are the only two choices, I’d choose the Vinson IF it’s auto, if it’s manual I wouldn’t take either. In the end for me, I’m waiting for the right deal on a Sportsmans.

BIRDDOG

KJK
    Cottage Grove

Just went to look at the vinson and it wouldn’t start, cranked it and cranked it, jumped it from the truck, still no go. I realize these things are jetted for warmer weather but thats a bad sign.

Ya I don’t know if no low gear is a big deal for nme. I’ve ridded a Kodiak 400. I would want to go any smaller.

I agree the sprortsman is the first choice.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.