atv insurance question

• mnfishhunt
    Brooklyn Park, MN

i just bought a brand new 2015 atv what is a fair amount to pay for insurance? I got one quote for $375 for a year does that sound right?

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

What does the policy cover? HUGE difference for liability, medical, repair, trailering,…and so on. 375 could be very expensive or super cheap depending on what your buying

Stanley

I don’t know about new atvs but when I insured mine (it’s a 03) we insured it for replacement cost and for a $3000 machine it’s only $75 a year.

$375/year seems high, but there are a lot of factors that go into determining an insurance rate as such as driving record, credit, past claims, location, age, etc that could be influencing the rate.

Feel free to give me a call and I’d be happy to provide you with comparative some quotes through the insurance carriers I have available.

404 ERROR
    MN

My UTV, witch i’m assuming costs quite a bit more, with full coverage is less than that. It is bundled with my home, truck, car, wifes car and a few other toys, however. Too many factors go into play when insurance is priced.

CaptainMusky

That quote seems high, but like others have said it really depends on other factors included in the coverage.
    I pay 240 a year and have since my machine was new. I should call and get a better rate now that it is worth less, but I just haven’t gotten around to it.

mnfishhunt
    Brooklyn Park, MN

thanks everyone I thought it was a little high, I just called my agent and said I needed insurance for it, funny part is if I have a safety course i would only save 3 dollars. I have no clue what i am doing

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.