Anyone been shooting?

• Jami Ritter
    Hastings, MN

Got the target setup in the yard the other night. Been tossing arrows at 20 and 30 yards right on the mark, its gotta be the bow!!

Once the weather cools down a bit time to hit the range for the longer shots.

Nice to start the season without making any major changes (site last year) and be driving tacks from get go. Just need to work the shoulders more to hold longer.

Which leads to this question.

When practicing, i’ll toss 28 arrows down range normal, make sure i’m on and everthing is kosher. Then the next 14 arrows, I’ll hold to a 10 count before releasing to try and strenthen things up.

Anyone else have an techniques that you use to get back into bow shape?

Jami

dennisdalan
    St Cloud, MN

Been shooting most of the summer. Not a big fan of the heat and humidity so I have been slacking off a bit. Been better the last couple of nights, getting in a few more arrows. I do get in 1 arrow almost every day. Each morning before I leave for work, I grab 1 arrow and shoot at one of my deer targets. Kinda puts a bit of pressure on myself knowing I am only going to get 1 shot.

mpearson
    Chippewa Falls, WI

I’ve slacked off since turkey season ended. Need to get out and start up again! Looking forward to cool evenings and shooting again!

lick

I’m trying to remember where I put my bow after I shot my buck last Sept

sauger
    Hastings ,MN

Quote:

I’m trying to remember where I put my bow after I shot my buck last Sept

Gut,will you be hunting this year with your new band and all? BTW Nice stache! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJYO4J9g0R4

Where did Kooty get all that foil??????

life1978
    Eau Claire , WI

With Rapids 3 miles away and average joe 3 blocks away I’m out shooting about 3 nights a week.

shednut
    22 feet up

Repetition is the only thing that I have found for strengthening up the shooting muscles. I’ve been shooting 3 times a week for the last couple of months. I’ve upped my long range shooting to 90 yards and that is where I’ve been doing most of my shooting from. When you step back further it forces you to hold without even thinking about it….lots of pin float at 90yds.

muskybones

I just started shooting agian at 20 yards. going to start at 30 yards. after the string slipped off the got that back on with a new peep sight and not its not lined up right. Time to take it back it. And now its time to spend 100$ on new strings and cables after i just paid 100$ for a new target.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Been busy here and behind on shooting.

However the last two weeks I have been starting to sling some arrows. Pretty good groups @ 30 and under. I have not tried to stretch her out yet.

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Hey Lip, was that you on the “Super Glue” in the video?

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Did some shooting last night again. Felt good, now I need to get into the routine of one arrow each morning. Make it count.

My first shot at the 3D target, his feet slipped out from under him. He died right there on the spot. Hopefully a sign of what’s to come this fall.

kooty
    Keymaster

Got up early on Saturday and got my 30, 40 and 50 yard pins set. Problaby will need some fine tuning, but I was able to hit a 2.5″ diameter circle consistently at 50. I busted a few tees at 30, so I’m close. Now just need to get some more reps in.

The neighbors don’t really understand me shooting in the hood. I have to shoot from across the road into my garage. Luckily they all tend to sleep in on Saturday mornings.

I did have one arrow sale at 40 yards. Thankfully the plywood stopped it before I hit anything.

dennisdalan
    St Cloud, MN

Good shooting Kooty. My garage has a few holes also… Ever since I set-up my range in the backyard, my garage has been alot happier….

kooty
    Keymaster

I’m coming to shoot at your place Dennis!! Lucky son of a gun.

Jami Ritter
    Hastings, MN

You’re crazy Kooty.

One of clowns took one shot at my full deer target I had in the garage, dumb arse missed and put one right through my craftsman tool box…

No more of that! It wasn’t one of the miller twins either…..

Joel Nelson
    Southeast MN

Quote:

You’re crazy Kooty.

One of clowns took one shot at my full deer target I had in the garage, dumb arse missed and put one right through my craftsman tool box…

Something tells me that Miller was still involved?

Joel

mallard_militia
    Fulton County, Illinois

I’ve been trying to shoot everyday for the last couple of weeks. My bow goes with me to work so I can have a quick session at lunch and then again in the evening. I’ve got an Alberta Moose/Black bear trip in a few weeks so I need to get polished. My goal is to be comfortable out to 70 yards with broadheads by late August.

Jami Ritter
    Hastings, MN

Quote:

Quote:

You’re crazy Kooty.

Joel

They were there, but didn’t shoot. Dan would have hit it perfectly, Bobo whould have neck punched it, and the one that sounds like Zarbo, well the toolbox jumped out in front of him…..

lick

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

You’re crazy Kooty.

Joel

They were there, but didn’t shoot. Dan would have hit it perfectly, Bobo whould have neck punched it, and the one that sounds like Zarbo, well the toolbox jumped out in front of him…..

Maybe Miller Lite was involved

kooty
    Keymaster

The arrow that sailed, did push through the plywood and puncture a soft side cooler I use for my other hobby. Now, it just won’t hold ice water any longer.

sauger
    Hastings ,MN

Quote:

Quote:

You’re crazy Kooty.

Joel

Under the bus I go again!

Joel Nelson
    Southeast MN

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

You’re crazy Kooty.

Joel

Under the bus I go again!

I meant the beer like Gut said!

Joel

lick

Kinda funny how the humor goes away when you have to explain it

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.