Apple computer

• Jeff K

Trying to update my hummingbird helix. I’ve got the update downloaded to our apple computer, but for the life of me can’t figure out how to save it to an SD card. I have the card in the slot, but cannot find anywhere on the computer that allows me to copy it to the card. Any suggestions for a computer dummie? You’d think my kids could figure this out, but since it’s not a phone they’re clueless to it also.

SuperDave1959
    Harrisville, UT

Does it have a USB port? If you plug in a USB stick it might open the folder of all the drives?

Joe Jarl
    SW Wright County

Are you looking in “Finder”? And do you see the downloaded file?

steve-o
    Des Moines, IA

Can you drag and drop it?

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Sometimes a card won’t show up on my desktop either. Take it out and re insert it. Still a problem? Leave the card in and restart your computer.

This seems to be more of a problem with older mac’s and large capacity cards. I haven’t a problem with any 16 meg cards.

Good luck!

Jeff K

Thanks for the reply’s. I can’t get anything to work. I should check to see if the kids somehow crammed sometimes the SD port, it seems like the card won’t go all the way in. They’ve ruined 2 DVD players in the house by doing something similar. Can a guy take the unit to Cabelas or scheels and have them do it? Anyone heard of that?

wormdunker

pretty sure you can only use pc. If you have G2 or G3 I would use Bluetooth to download it, way simpler.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

^ this could be true, but he should still see a card on his desktop. You aren’t trying to put a Lakemaster or other mapping card in that slot are you?

Flashlight and eyeball time if the card isn’t going in all the way.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.