Anyplace in the Twin Cities stock Xtratuf boots?

• TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

I need a new pair of the old school Xtratuf uninsulated boots. Honeywell shipped production from the USA to China as is typical with Honeywell and now everybody says they also messed with the sizes, so I’d like to save time by being able to try them on.

I know I can mail order them so don’t need any help on that end. Just wondering if anyone knows of anywhere in the cities that has them? It’s getting damn near impossible to find plain old uninsulated rubber boots. Everything’s the PVC crap that lasts 1 year and if it gets cold it feels like your wearing ski boots.

Grouse

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Are you worried about the Chinese builders now?
    Off topic and I apologize. But I have always worn us made red wings , my wife gifted me Chinese built ones and wow what junk those were to compare. Same material different builder. Same with the Irish setters. Chinese crap

troutbum
    St. Paul

Call sportsmans warehouse

zooks

I was at Nokomis Shoes on 34th and 50th in south Minneapolis last night and they have some in stock, just a couple models but better than nothing.

Roy Heilman
    Minnesota

I see Filson is selling some these days, for what it’s worth. There’s one store in the “North Loop” of Mpls. Might get lucky and see them at the outlet store in Eagan in a couple months…

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I wear rubber boots at work alot due to cutting concrete and being in wet conditions. Are these good tuff boots? I might have to look in to them

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

I wear rubber boots at work alot due to cutting concrete and being in wet conditions. Are these good tuff boots? I might have to look in to them

For decades Xtratufs have been the gold standard of rubber work boots. They call them the Sitka Sneaker because every fisherman in Alaska, Washington, Oregon, etc owns a pair.

I was at Nokomis Shoes on 34th and 50th in south Minneapolis last night and they have some in stock, just a couple models but better than nothing.

Great tip. Thanks. Will call them tomorrow and see what they have.

Grouse

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Xtratuf Update. If you need a new pair of the Sitka Sneakers–and with the weather we have coming our way, EVERYBODY DOES–head to the fantastically retro Nikomis Shoe in Minneapolis. They have the 15-inch classic model in both safety toe and regular and plenty of sizes. Oliver is the very helpful go-to guy for work boots there.

The price was great as well. $99. Cheaper than anywhere I could find them online and no tax or shipping.

Many thanks to Zooks for the top tip! Another 5 years of dry feet.

Grouse

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.