Anyone Live In a Fish House?

• crappie55369
    Mound, MN

putting my house on the market this spring. Anyone out there currently living in a fish house? How do you like it and how did you convince the wife? grin

Ryan P
    Farmington

I guess you wouldn’t have to pay property tax…might get kinda soggy in a month or two though.

Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

Live…?? Nope. Note sure how you’d pull that one off. I’m happy to spend 30-40 nights a year with the wife in my fish house. I don’t think she could live in one. Good luck with that! bow

DRH1175

How long you talking… Like a week wouldn’t be too bad between houses. Just the two of you or the whole family? if we are talking for a month or more, that would be an interesting sell to the wife.

Reef W

You don’t say it’s a fish house. It’s a tiny house and it’s to simplify your life while being environmentally conscious.

big_g
    Isle, MN

On weekends we did !!

Attachments:
    1. loft-5.jpg

2. loft-3.jpg

404 ERROR
    MN

Oh boy. During the last “snowmageddon” in the south metro, I told the wife that if we lost power (like normal in my neighborhood), we would have to bring the pack-and-play into the ice house until power comes back. Her eyes turned into full-sized dinner plates. So it’s safe to say she would NOT be cool living in the wheelhouse…

Just think, no more fumbling to the bathroom in the middle of the night, just pop open a catch cover and let’er fly. With the right aim, it could even be done from the top bunk.
    rotflol

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

my wife said yes! then I sent her a video of a mille lacs hybrid and she said “I changed my mind. no”

Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

MilleLacs Hybrid is what we have. My wife and kids love it. I think we could easily make a couple months in there. Santa even comes to the fish house instead of the real house. Christmas tree, stockings, lights and everything in there!! waytogo

My kids like it better than at home. My wife spent a week in there and she was 9 months pregnant… she had our 3rd child 2 days later. Ya she’s a keeper. wink My wife is a girly girl too so it surprises me all of the time.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I have a brother in law that lived in a Cabelas wall tent for FOUR years with his family of FIVE while his wife (for the most part) built their house North of Grand Marais. All four seasons.

No running water. Outside biff. He’s the only one on that side of the family that has a college education.

Over the years I’ve moved from a 28′ camper trailer to this years 38′. I’m in it all year. The frozen septic system is an easy work around for me. The FW isn’t to happy about it.

I heat water on the stove each morning to clean up with. Showering waits until I get home. Heating water to clean the dishes with makes a person very water stingy. I’m surprised how little (carry in) water is needed daily if a person doesn’t take tap water for granted.

The 28′ camper felt tight with two people in it but that was mainly in the hallway and if two were trying to make dinner.

I wouldn’t have any problem living in a decent size fish house for a year. FW? Not so much.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

sad

Attachments:
    1. MEME20180214_080938.jpg

Wallscalls
    central MN

Are you building or buying after you sell? We had a situation two years ago where we sold before the new place was ready. Since it was the off season we were able to find a fully furnished lake home to rent for cheap for the 7 weeks while we were homeless. I’d do that again before ever considering a hotel or fish house.

Be prepared when listing to have short market time and hard terms for quick closing dates. Just talked to a guy last week that has around a dozen buyers looking within our school district and nobody is selling. He said two of them have been in temporary housing since early last year when both houses had purchase agreements within hours of listing.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.