Anyone going up for the full moon Trolling run?

• arcticm1000
    New Richmond, WI

Which landing have you guys been using?

Are the docks in still?

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Jake, read my post. Not sure if it can be written any clearer than that.

Regarding fishing after 10pm. In case people didn’t click on the link.

June 2 – November 30, from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m., fishing tackle may be possessed but not used except: a) muskellunge and northern pike may be targeted with artificial lures longer than 8″ or suckers longer than 8″. No other lures or baits may be in possession if night fishing for northern pike or muskellunge. No possession or targeting of species other than muskellunge or northern pike; and b) bowfishing for rough fish is allowed, but no possession of angling equipment, and only rough fish may be in possession.

kwp
    Eden Prairie

I was finally able to join the 30″ club last weekend grin

Attachments:
    1. IMG_4671.jpg

2. IMG_4668.jpg

Bass Pundit
    8m S. of Platte/Sullivan Lakes, Minnesocold

I haven’t been trolling on the lake in many years, but I have been getting out from shore a lot this month. Haven’t hooked into anything over 27-inches, but I’m catching plenty of fish almost every time I’ve gone. A suspending jerkbait (H2O XPress Ultimate Jerk Shad) and 4″ paddletail swimbait are what I’m getting most of my fish on.

mike-west
    Amery, WI

I was finally able to join the 30″ club last weekend grin

toast yay peace waytogo

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Nice one, Ken! bow

-J.

Gitchi Gummi

Jake, read my post. Not sure if it can be written any clearer than that.

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>biggill wrote:</div>
    Regarding fishing after 10pm. In case people didn’t click on the link.

June 2 – November 30, from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m., fishing tackle may be possessed but not used except: a) muskellunge and northern pike may be targeted with artificial lures longer than 8″ or suckers longer than 8″. No other lures or baits may be in possession if night fishing for northern pike or muskellunge. No possession or targeting of species other than muskellunge or northern pike; and b) bowfishing for rough fish is allowed, but no possession of angling equipment, and only rough fish may be in possession.

maybe I’m reading too much into it but its confusing because the first part says you can indeed possess tackle during the night ban but can’t use it, but then it says if you are on the water during the night ban, you must be pike/muskie fishing and can only use lures > 8″ and no other lures/baits may be in possession… so I’m not sure how it can be legal to be on the water past 10pm with lures less than 8″ in your boat unless you are just pleasure cruising and not actually fishing

It doesn’t seem as simple as arcticm1000 made it implying you just have to stop using certain size baits at 10pm… to me it seems like at 10pm, you have to go back to shore and drop off all lures that are smaller than 8 inches, and you technically can only fish for pike/muskie after 10pm. Am I reading the regs wrong? Just looking for clarification.

sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

If you are fishing after 10pm you cannot have any baits under 8″ long in possession. You can use any baits right up to 10pm, but then you have to stop fishing.

It used to be that you had to be off the lake by 10pm, now you just have to stop fishing by 10pm.

I hope that answers your question.

arcticm1000
    New Richmond, WI

Jake, I didn’t know the exact rules, that is why I posted a link to the rules. What sticker posted is what I was trying to communicate.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

maybe I’m reading too much into it but its confusing because the first part says you can indeed possess tackle during the night ban but can’t use it, but then it says if you are on the water during the night ban, you must be pike/muskie fishing and can only use lures > 8″ and no other lures/baits may be in possession… so I’m not sure how it can be legal to be on the water past 10pm with lures less than 8″ in your boat unless you are just pleasure cruising and not actually fishing

It doesn’t seem as simple as arcticm1000 made it implying you just have to stop using certain size baits at 10pm… to me it seems like at 10pm, you have to go back to shore and drop off all lures that are smaller than 8 inches, and you technically can only fish for pike/muskie after 10pm. Am I reading the regs wrong? Just looking for clarification.

Either call a co or take the more conservative interpretation.

Jake D
    Watertown, SD

Anyone going to try it this weekend? Thinking maybe head up tomorrow afternoon. See what the forecasts looks like

Pauleye
    Onamia

Hopefully going out tonight and Saturday night. If mother nature cooperates.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Congrats KWP!! Great fish! bow

Thanks for reports fellas, sure looks like great times. toast

CBMN
    North Metro

Congratulations Ken.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Sticker has is 100% correct. If you are switching over to pike/musky at 10pm, you need to take all of your walleye gear to shore and get it out of the boat.

-J.

Bass Pundit

I was out from 7:30-10PM Friday night. I landed 11 eye’s, biggest one weighed 5.20lbs. They wanted the lure moving tonight, which was a change. I had been getting most of them on long pauses this week.

Bass Pundit

Saturday Night I started at 6:30pm and only missed a couple of bites before the rain chased me to the car at 8pm. My buddy who was fishing in his kayak stayed right through the downpour and was catching them. I resumed fishing at 9:15pm and caught 3 on a Rage Swimmer, two of which were caught on the stinger hook. Biggest of the night was a 26.5″ that my friend got in the kayak.

Zander Nordby
    Inactive

Going to hit the lake on Wednesday, I hope. Beautiful fish and thanks for sharing the pics Mike W, Fish-Them-All, and kwp. I’m going to be trolling solo and haven’t been on the lake in three weeks.

Would any of you mind sharing the depth you were fishing, speed, over what type of bottom, and any hot colors/sizes/crankbaits?

I don’t need-want-or am asking for specific locations or what landing you were even fishing out of (it’s not going to change what my plans are there) but some general tips and tactics as to what worked well for you otherwise would be greatly appreciated.

I think I’ll be OK figuring something out but I’d like to eliminate my time spent doing that while on the water and as we all know—a lot of times others have figured out something outside of what you would have done!

Thanks in advance for any info from them or anyone else that has been out recently! Take care

Zander Nordby
    Inactive

Time of day (or night) they were chomping would also be some really helpful info to put under my cap….

Bass Pundit

Was out Monday Night from 6:30-10PM. Got 9 fish on the Strike King Rage Swimmer and 6 fish on a suspending jerkbait (H2O XPress Ultimate Jerk Shad) , 2 fish a piece on 3 different colors. I don’t think I went longer than 20 minutes between bites, so the bite was pretty consistent all night.

bigcrappie
    Blaine

Time of day (or night) they were chomping would also be some really helpful info to put under my cap….

6-10fow 6pm to 10pm pulling cranks at 1.5-1.75mph and hold on.

Bass Pundit

Tuesday night the bite was slower but consistent to 10PM. I landed 9 fish that night and misplayed what might have been my biggest fish so far this year. It got off as I tried to drag it over the rocks. Didn’t get a great look at it except to know it was bigger than most if not everything I’ve caught this month.

Halloween the bite was slow with only 2 fish caught in the first two and a half hours plus. It picked up 6 bites in the final 45 minutes catching 4 of them all on an X-Rap Shad Shallow Silver/Black Back. I lost the two fish on back to back casts at 9:55. Not a great way to end my night.

Viewing 23 posts - 31 through 53 (of 53 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.