Anyone fishing this weekend? Brrr

• tim hurley

Bass crappies walleyes? How will fish react to this cold weather? I go to this lake for crappies and the last 2 trips have got walleyes instead. Last trip I could’nt get either but at the end of the trip I got a bunch of smallmouths! That was cool- Maybe I should fish for pike, pike love this weather-thoughts?

Regularpaul

Heading to Vilas County, WI tomorrow for annual walleye/musky trip. Weather forecast is flat out miserable. Accumulating snow, wind, and cold the entire time we’ll be on the boat. Curious to see how it affects the bite. I’m hearing it hasn’t turned over yet. Still visible thermocline on the graph. This might tip the scales. Hopefully won’t shut the fishing off.

Looking forward to hearing reports. Hopefully I’ll have something to share.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I’ll be out in the north metro trying to get a few more bass for the season. Jerkbaits, small cranks and jigs on transition breaks. Also going to be hunting muskie seriously for first time. Looking forward to it. Good way to break in the Striker armor for the hardwater season.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Nope, I got roped into a Halloween party.
    Last year I went as a Fisherman but everyone called my bluff. So this year it’s more of a realistic costume. whistling

Attachments:
    1. Costume.jpg

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

That brings up a good memory pout. High school party at a private school my buddy dressed up as one. Had good laughs with the brothers, but you could tell they didn’t appreciate too much. Not long after that I believe he was sleeping in class with head leaning on arm “reading”, brother pushed arm out of way with ruler and head slams into the desk, was hilarious. He retired that costume in years to come.

fishinfreaks
    Rogers, MN

I’m heading to Sabaskong Bay LOTW tomorrow early for a week of chasing walleyes, crappies, and dragging big ol’ cranks for muskies. Only getting 3-6 inches of snow tomorrow night. Bring it on!

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

I’m heading up to the Park Rapids area Friday to continue my pursuit of a 30″ eye. I was muskie fishing in a short sleeve shirt on White Bear last Sunday, What a difference a week makes!

I’m hoping the Lakes up by Nevis have turned, it’s been fairly cold up there.

Good luck everyone and be safe in that chilly water!

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Belle, I got a buddy that has a place in Nevis (spider) he fishes a lot of surrounding lakes in the area with guides.
    He’s dragging Rainbow Chubs off the bottom reel slow and has been doing well. 15′ FOW

Opie
    Coon Rapids, MN

Will be on Osakis this weekend. If the fish are biting, it never seems too cold.

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Belle, I got a buddy that has a place in Nevis (spider) he fishes a lot of surrounding lakes in the area with guides.
    He’s dragging Rainbow Chubs off the bottom reel slow and has been doing well. 15′ FOW

Perfect! Thanks Mr. eelpoutguy!
    Hopefully I’ll post a PB thread on Monday. coffee

BigWerm
    SW Metro

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>eelpoutguy wrote:</div>

Perfect! Thanks Mr. eelpoutguy!
    Hopefully I’ll post a PB thread on Monday. coffee

Looking forward to your report BT!!! I’d go a little shallower on the east side too… whistling grin

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Im bird hunting and this cool weather will be great for the dogs!

big_g
    Isle, MN

sitting in a tree…

JMP1890

I’ll be out chasing jumbo perch in the NE South Dakota area.

slipbob_nick
    Princeton, MN

hopefully get some hunting and fishing in. if the deer make it easy Saturday could get it over with and jump in the boat.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Temps dont look too bad. Just hope the wind is done!

-J.

tim hurley

Wow so when the wife looks at me like I’m outta my mind at least I wont be the only one!

tim hurley

Mahtofire14 what is a ‘transition break’ is it just a break?

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Mahtofire14 what is a ‘transition break’ is it just a break?

Yeah, basically a normal breakline but typically in between the initial break and deep water. I suppose I should have said transitioning bass not breaks.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.