Anyone a fan of minnows, like real living minnows?

• tim hurley

Have lots of plastics, all colors, lots of Gulp, always start with plastics, many times I do not use the minnows that I bring.
    This morning temps were maybe 30 cooler than last night, fish were shallow but not wanting much action-just a tiny minnow wiggle. Setting the hook was tricky ’cause they were not exactly destroying the minnow either. Always think a minnow is more likely to catch other stuff while I’m fishing for craps-fun but I’m ready to mix in some bass fishing.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

The crappies I have caught this spring have been on both minnows and plastics like gulp. I would say it’s about half and half this season so far. I haven’t caught a bass, pike, walleye, or perch by accident this spring which is a little odd. It’s been all crappies and a couple sunfish.

Jeremy
    Richland County, WI

Been over 20 years since I bought minnows, so I have quite a collection of plastics for jigs

Adam Steffes

I tried minnows and crawlers today for crappies and had two nibbles…then switched to a 1/64 oz white tube jig and proceeded to haul then in cast after cast. For whatever reason I start with live bait and work to plastics, not the other way around.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Yep. Caught more crappies this spring on live crappie minnows than gulp or other plastics this year. The only time I’ve had better success with Gulp is in really stained water.

I prefer to use plastics as it’s much easier, but this year for me, they’ve wanted the real meat.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.