Any Scotch drinkers on IDO??

• big_g
    Isle, MN

I enjoy a good blend… Johnnie Blue is good toast

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Funny! I received a bottle of 18 year old McCallen for my birthday on the 23rd!

Does anyone have the glass cubes to keep in your freezer to avoid watering down your favorite drink?

Cheers gents!

john23
    St. Paul, MN

That portwoood is some good stuff! I wish James hadn’t beat me to it! I’m a fan of their Carribean Cask as well which is just a little more affordable.

kabefisherman11

I have a couple of the ice ball makers I got from bed bath and beyond. They work

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Does anyone have the glass cubes to keep in your freezer to avoid watering down your favorite drink?

Friends have given me some pretty cool novelty gifts (for drinking) over the years. I have Balls of Steel, Whiskey Bullets, and 304 Stainless steel cubes. Just a hint if you get any of these. Don’t let your wife accidently run them in the disposal whistling flame flame

Duke M

I’m still trying to work this out in my head. A guy has two bottles of whisky. Good, high quality whisky. Which he will drink, and eventually have to replace, but instead, he sells one at a discount.
    I’m so confused.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Selling your booze is like selling your guns… NEVER DO IT ~!!!!

Woodshed
    Elk River, MN

What the hell happened while I was fishing? I love scotch! Unfortunately, now I’m drinking Dewar’s tonight.

Well, at least it’s not Famous Grouse. I wouldn’t clean carbonators with that swill.

Some of you guys need go fish some more.

FryDog62

Ironically I just finished a bottle of Balvenie 15 and liked it so much I was holding on to the empty bottle so I could replace it.

Now I just finished my Doublewood – on second thought, can I have my Portwood back James??

Attachments:
    1. F1BC2C7F-F457-4DD2-9103-5D9873439334.jpeg

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>James Holst wrote:</div>
    Ironically I just finished a bottle of Balvenie 15 and liked it so much I was holding on to the empty bottle so I could replace it.

Now I just finished my Doublewood – on second thought, can I have my Portwood back James??

I bet he went through that before the New Years Eve ball dropped. lol

FryDog62

Ok, let me try this…

“James, your check bounced… let’s work something out – how about a half bottle refund ?!?”

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Ok, let me try this…

“James, your check bounced… let’s work something out – how about a half bottle refund ?!?”

Wait a minute, I paid cash!

I haven’t even cracked it yet. Honest! I’m thinking my first taste will be Sunday after the Vikings win!

Attachments:
    1. 15158148487612662982063431758762.jpg

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Selling your booze is like selling your guns… NEVER DO IT ~!!!!

Kinda feel like you’re working against me here. grin

FryDog62

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>FryDog62 wrote:</div>
    Ok, let me try this…

Wait a minute, I paid cash!

I haven’t even cracked it yet. Honest! I’m thinking my first taste will be Sunday after the Vikings win!

Let me know your address for after the Vikings win … I’ll find your spot-on-the-spot and we can share it!!

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Let me know your address for after the Vikings win … I’ll find your spot-on-the-spot and we can share it!!

Or…a better idea…you, John23, and I each show up with a bottle and we do a tasting? I’d be down. Let me know and I’ll ping John and set it up.

ajaikens31
    Big Rapids, Michigan

I like a good Scotch or Irish whisk(e)y every now and again ;)

Attachments:
    1. IMG_6052.jpg

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Slightly off topic. Is bourbon a milder tasting whiskey? I have no idea, I just assumed bourbon was a little more “oaky” flavored.

The liquor store was giving taste testes of caramel and chocolate infused bourbon and I was surprised that I liked it.

FryDog62

Well, Scotch is going to be a little smokier than your typical Bourbon… so in a milder climate ;) some may prefer Bourbon.

I personally would take the Bourbon over Irish Whiskey year round but that’s just me. My taste buds give me a return of “cheap Scotch” when I drink Irish Whiskey. But Mrs. FryDog loves her Jameson, so we stock that too.

Impressive lineup ajaikens31 !!

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Does bourbon mix well with ginger ale?

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Yes, but I prefer Jameson or Two Gingers, Irish whiskey with Ginger ale. Bourbon is best on the rocks or in a Manhattan or Old Fashioned imo. Scotch is a smokier and/or peatier whiskey and more of an acquired taste imo. I’ve been drinking Bulleit Rye lately and really like it esp for the price.

munchy
    NULL

Evan Williams and Ginger Ale is my go to.

kabefisherman11

I’m drinking green spot single pot still Irish whiskey. It’s good on the rocks. I like some scotches. I had some Johnny walker platinum once and it was kind of boring. Has anyone else tried it? What did you think about it?

big_g
    Isle, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>FryDog62 wrote:</div>

Or…a better idea…you, John23, and I each show up with a bottle and we do a tasting? I’d be down. Let me know and I’ll ping John and set it up.

Have a bump for me too guys !!!! SKOL toast

tegg
    Hudson, Wi/Aitkin Co

Also, when it comes to rail drinks one doesn’t need to get very fancy.

Tuma
    Inactive
    Farmington, MN

From my understanding, Scotch is from Scotland and Bourbon is from the good old USA. It also has to be 80 proof or higher. I love both but Bullet Bourbon is hard to beat for the price. That reminds me I am all out from the game and should stop and grab some more on the way home tonight. toast

Jonesy

Buddy of mine once bought me a 40 dollar glass of some fancy scotch at a wedding.

I thought he brought me a shot of Jameson and I took it like a normal shot. The look on his face was priceless

philtickelson
    Inactive
    Mahtomedi, MN

MMmmmmm, whiskey.

Favorite bourbons:
    Blanton’s
    Evan Williams Single Barrel(best bourbon under $25 IMO)

Favorite scotches:
    Lagavulin 16 (seriously amazing).
    Balvennie Caribbean Cask

Irish Whiskey:
    Redbreast 15
    Jameson 12(extremely extremely smooth with a bit of ice)

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Also, when it comes to rail drinks one doesn’t need to get very fancy

Ever had Schmirinov in a cocktail? )

Michael C. Winther
    Reedsburg, WI

you’ve got good family if they gave you 2 bottles of that Balvenie!

i’m definitely more of a Bourbon fan, but i think Scotch does offer more taste variety between distillers/regions. the smokey Islays don’t even seem to be the same type as the clean Highlands.

this weekend i built a new bottle shelf for the garage bar, turned out nice if i do say so myself!

Attachments:
    1. bar.jpg

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 62 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.