Any advice on a Side x Side.

• disco bobber

I am looking into a side by side. Something lower end with 4 wheel drive. Smaller so it can go into the woods and a bed so it can haul a little. For use around the cabin and not trail riding. New or used.

Anything to stay away from? Any opinions on electric? It would serve our purposes if it didn’t break the bank. i also assume that stock is depleted now like so many other things.

Coletrain27

I’ve owned a ranger and now own a Kawasaki teryx. There all 4×4 and if you want a work machine to haul things I would get a ranger. The 570 ranger EPS is a nice little machine if you want power steering otherwise they make a full size 570 without power steering.

If you want to spend more money you could look at a ranger 1000.

Ice Cap

If you’re looking for a utility vehicle that you can haul wood, dirt, tools etc. the Ranger is built for this. Also a side by side makes a great ice fishing rig especially with a closed cab.

Power steering is a must on a side by side imo.

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

Honda makes a 500 size. Honda reliability is top notch.

Reef W

Anybody ever had a Hisun Sector? Are they any good or is it worth the extra money to get a Polaris?

sand-burr
    Grasston, MN

I’ve been running the Cub Cadet 750 challenger for two seasons with great luck! I got mine fully enclosed with winch and plow for 13,500 out the door.

Jeremy
    Richland County, WI

I have used Kawasaki side by sides since 2006, up until last year had a Mule 610 and now I have a 2019 Pro MX. The biggest issue with a lot of them, no matter who made it is crankcase ventilation freezing up in the winter if you don’t run them good for at least 20 minutes, have to get them warmed up to burn any condensation out of the oil.

I would buy something with a water cooled engine rather than air cooled and check to see what accessories are available if you might want a cab/heater/snow plow. It might be best to buy from a good powersports dealer rather than a big box store. Tractor Supply used to sell some and nobody could get engine parts for them

Mike Klein
    Hastings, MN

Honda if you want it to last. Polaris has nice options but everyone I know has issues. A friend works there and won’t even buy one. Honda costs less then Rnagers as well.

The SCRATCHER
    spring valley mn

Honda if you want it to last. my buddy had his brand new Polaris in the shop more than in use. he finally traded it in for a Honda has not had a problem since

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I do not own a sxs so I don’t have much of a say. But I have 2 can am outlanders that have been nothing but amazing. I would buy a defender in a heartbeat. My good friend is a engineer at Polaris and has a razor 1000, it gives him more issues then any machine he ever owned. He bought a maverick. That says something.
    But the Honda looks like a great machine as well. And its a HONDA so you know it’ll be solid

Ice Cap

My Ranger has been bullet proof so far but I don’t do much pounding down the trails either and I take it in to a dealer to be serviced every fall. Used mostly for utility work, drive it down the dirt roads up at the lake to visit people but when the lakes freeze over it’s hard to beat especially with a heated cab and the Otter mounted on the lock n’ ride box!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.