Ant hill

• Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

I have a ant hill in the yard about 24″ across and maybe 12″ to 15″ high. 20+ years ago I had the same thing and doused it with gas and lit them up. That seemed to work. grin

Today’s question…..is there a more political correct way to eradicate them or should I grab the gas can again?

munchy
    NULL

Have any molten aluminum sitting around?

guthook1
    Lake Nebagamon Wisconsin

Politically correct way to kill ants? Are you kidding me…Wait a minute…I just realized that your in Minnesota. Actually if you can tease them out of the hill and stomp on them it might rain, we need the moisture.
    he – he bestfishes – jim

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Don’t douse with gas and light them up. That’s how fire ants are made.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Try to run down some agricultural Diazinone and pour a little on the top of the hill and then put a plastic garbage bag over it. Lay the plastic like a tarp and use something to weight down the edges. It won’t take but a day to two and they’ll be history.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

How big a magnifying glass can ya get a hold of devil

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Seems like you’re making a mountain out of this Dutch… coffee

Mudshark
    LaCrosse WI

I have a ant hill in the yard about 24″ across and maybe 12″ to 15″ high. 20+ years ago I had the same thing and doused it with gas and lit them up. That seemed to work. grin

should I grab the gas can again?

I would really like to meet ya sometime Dutch…….
    Great minds think alike mrgreen

AllenW
    Mpls, MN

Ortho Home defense Max works pretty well, no where as exciting as the gas, but probably keep ya from becoming a You Tube hit if it goes wrong.
    Al

craig s

Diazanone as said above works great!

Bassn Dan

The size of the ant hill sounds like it’s probably carpenter ants – you want them GONE.

Bayer Tempo is what pest control companies use. It’s available in the farm aisle of Fleet Farm, Farm & Fleet, etc. or from Amazon. It’s some BAD stuff on bugs and kills them NOW – none of this spray and hope stuff, they die within seconds and it has a long residual effect. It’s safe around pets and children and the concentrate is less expensive than most of the premixed stuff that doesn’t work half as well.

reverend
    Rhinelander, WI

Seems like you’re making a mountain out of this Dutch… coffee

I think that’s moles you’re thinking of BK. Totally different topic, unless the topic has shifted to fun and unusual ways to burn off old gasoline? whistling

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.