And some people say us sconnies are crazy……

• Mudshark
    LaCrosse WI

Hard landing for Winona County daredevils who attempted to jump pickup over trailer

“Evel Knievel must be shaking his head.

The first indication was the 911 call placed to Winona County dispatch over the weekend, which cut out just after the voice at the other end whimpered, “It hurts …”

A second call followed shortly, with a location and talk of jumping a rock pile with a motor vehicle, Winona County Sheriff Ron Ganrude said Tuesday.

Deputies, emergency responders, and the Mayo 1 helicopter were dispatched to a location on County Road 37 between Altura and Elba, where the first indication that something had gone wrong were the empty beer cans “strewn around the property,” Ganrude said.

There was also a heavily damaged, spray-painted 1994 Chevy pickup some distance from a pair of 10-foot-tall dirt ramps built on either side of a small construction trailer.

Inside the truck was a 21-year-old Altura man. “I hurt all over,” he told responders.

The driver, a 25-year-old Rollingstone man who deputies said smelled of alcohol, was uninjured, Ganrude said. A third man, 23, from Dover, complained of a sore back but did not require medical attention.

According to the driver, the three all wore seatbelts and helmets as they lined the truck up with the ramps, accelerated to about 50 mph, and launched themselves and the truck off the ramp and over the trailer — but also over the second ramp, which led to a nose-first hard landing on level ground, Ganrude said.

The Winona County Attorney’s Office is considering charges in the case, but none have been formally filed, so the names of the men have not been released.”

http://www.winonadailynews.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/hard-landing-for-winona-county-daredevils-who-attempted-to-jump/article_81d72818-a4e9-560f-b445-a74bb539b771.html..

rotflol rotflol rotflol

Charles

Number 1 that sucks, hope he gets better.

Number 2 at that age range, I will be looking forward to watch this video when it hits youtube in a few days.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

The driver, a 25-year-old Rollingstone man who deputies said smelled of alcohol…

Wait. Are they suggesting that alcohol could have been a factor here?

Grouse

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I hope they filmed it.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Mudshark wrote:</div>
    The driver, a 25-year-old Rollingstone man who deputies said smelled of alcohol…

Wait. Are they suggesting that alcohol could have been a factor here?

Grouse

No. There’s no way 3 responsible rural Wisconsin men would drink before attempting such a challenging maneuver. No way. jester toast

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

No. There’s no way 3 responsible rural Wisconsin men would NOT drink before attempting such a challenging maneuver. No way.

There. I fixed that for you.

Grouse

Iowaboy1

I think it was more like,hold my beer and watch this s#@!

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I think they were overachievers. They jumped PAST the landing ramp…
    Had they nailed it none of us would have heard about it. How unfair.

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

Reminds me of a funny story. One of my brothers good friends had an old Comanchee Jeep pickup (early 80s). The truck was close to the end of its life. He lived in a culdesac in town in Hudson. It was winter time and the culdesac had a pile of snow over 20 feet high in the middle of it. They might have been drinking in the garage when this idea was hatched. It was early in the morning (2 am) when they put on the helmets and headed up the street. I think they expected to hit the pile and come to a quick stop. Instead they went up and over the pile and straight down and tboned into his driveway (grill first)
    . Sparks flew everywhere. His pickup truck folded between the box and cab. Luckily they didn’t get hurt and none of his neighbors called the cops on him. Unfortunately, these guys were from Sconnie too.

Mike Martine
    Inactive
    la crosse wis

These guys weren’t from Wisconsin , they were from mn. If they were from wis , they would’ve had another beer and tried it again

404 ERROR
    MN

When I was younger, a friend got an old jeep for $200. It ran but his plan was to scrap it. So we did what any rural kid would do, strapped on helmets and did the same thing. Given, we never jumped anything over 20mph…We eventually turned the frame into a taco, winched it on the trailer and scrapped it. It is a VERY dumb idea with a huge potential to cause spine damage, regardless of how fun it sounds. If my mother knew what we were doing, I am unsure if we would be around to tell the story…It’s funny how courageous someone gets once they strap a brain bucket on!

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

2 of them were Domke’s according to our newspaper. I know some people sharing that name and if they’re related this doesn’t surprise me.

guthook1
    Lake Nebagamon Wisconsin

Everyone gets a brain…..nobody gets instructions

ski junkie
    Grantsburg, Wisc

Proud to be from Wisconsin.

“It ain’t easy b’n cheesy!!”

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.