onboard charger

• stevenoak

Just picked up a slightly used Navigator 175 CS.Set up just the way I want it except.It has a Fortrax,3 generic boat dealer batteries and a 2 bank charger.It’s getting a Terrova and Blue Tops.What is a good 3 bank onboard charger and do the faster chargers affect battery life.On the charger note.Doing RLH trip next month,anyone used a solar charger?Also to the Nav guys.What do you like for rod holders.I like the flush mount,but don’t want to drill that big of a hole in the narrow gunnel.Will my T9.9 mount direct to the transom without a seperate mount plate?

BBKK
    IA

Minnkota onboard

ted-merdan

If you are looking for a DC charger (charges off the alternator of you big motor for 3 batteries) I have a new one that I never installed that I am willing to part with out of my garage. Give me a PM.

-ted

85lund
    Menomonie, WI

Quote:

Minnkota onboard

X2

sandmannd

Quote:

Minnkota onboard

X2 and I think you can still get in on the rebates if you hurry.

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

Just sold my navigator last week. I had a minnkota charger and had good luck with it.

For rod holders, I put rails on the back with ram rail mounts and flush mount ram mounts on the front.

kroger3
    blaine mn

TraxsTech tracks on the gunnels and mount what ever you want into them. Did this on my Competitor 175 (same hull) and love them. Have the freedom to move holders around and take them off so they do not affect my snap travel cover. There Spendy but worth it!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.