Hard Water Spots

• Whirly01

I have an alumacraft Dominator and looking for suggestions on what to use on the paint to get out the hard water spots. Thanks!

Hunting4Walleyes
    MN

I use a 50/50 mix of water and vinegar. If this doesn’t work you can add a little more vinegar. I never had any problems using this on painted portions of the boat and motor. I just rinse good with water and towel dry after.

wade
    Cottage Grove, MN

purple power works great too and doesn’t hurt the finish, cleans up all water scum too

bigcrappie
    Blaine

I have a Alumacraft also and just give it a good wash and then use a car wax on the painted parts.

Quote:

I use a 50/50 mix of water and vinegar. If this doesn’t work you can add a little more vinegar. I never had any problems using this on painted portions of the boat and motor. I just rinse good with water and towel dry after.

X2

Yamagator
    Buffalo, MN

I’ve had good luck with CLR mixed 50/50 with water on the painted portion, the bare aluminum, and on the motor. You can find it at Menards for about 4 bucks. I rinse it off with water after the area is washed down. The CLR stinks so it must be good

85lund
    Menomonie, WI

Quote:

I use the vinegar mix on my black alumacraft and it works well. I spray it on and wipe with a microfiber towel and it shines like a new dime

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

Quote:

Quote:

I use the vinegar mix on my black alumacraft and it works well. I spray it on and wipe with a microfiber towel and it shines like a new dime

All I ever use on my black boat as well. Only thing I’ve found that vinegar and water doesn’t work well on is road salt.

Johnbrad

Get a bottle of white distilled vinegar and apply wax, as the vinegar will strip it off.

Adley

I used to use lime away on the anodized parts and I like driven wax products for the gel.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.