03 Navigator 165CS

• wimwuen
    LaCrosse, WI

Anybody run one of these? I have one coming home this weekend with a whopping 32 hours on the 03 70 Johnson 4 stroke. This boat was only rated for 75 in 03, so it shouldn’t be too underpowered.

I’m only expecting 33-36, so I’m not shooting for the moon.

Looking for insight on top end speed on these rigs and any other info.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Mid 30s sounds about right for that set up. My 17′ tiller with a 75 yamaha on back gets mid 30s. As always it would be nice to have a little more but it is what it is.

olisflyrod
    Lakeville MN

My 1997 Alumnacraft MAG 165 tiller 60hp 2 stroke Mercury will do 31mph

uncle-glen-1
    LaCrosse, Wi

I run the same boat with 3 batteries and a 60 hp merc 4 stroke, I get 32 top end according to speedometer and gps. Wish I had a 75.

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

Hey Marshall, my buddy had the same boat with a Honda 50 four stroke and he got low thirty’s so you should be just fine. Enjoy your new ride.

Steveinsene
    SE Nebraska

I do not own one but I imagine your guess for speed is about right. I’m pretty sure that year 165 Navigator is the same specs as todays 165 Classic so basically the old Navigators are todays Classic model. They made the switch sometime around 2004-2005, I believe. That would put your beam around 82 inches and length at 16′ 4″. There are a very nice boat and your going to love that motor. I run a 2009 crestliner 1600 Fish Hawk with a 2003 Suzuki 70 hp 4 stroke. These are the same motors. My boat is a little wider and 4 inches shorter than your Navigator so size is similiar and with SS prop mine does 35 mph gps with myself, full livewell, 20 gallon gas, 3 batteries, trolling motor and gear. In colder weather add 2 mph. I think you will be very pleased with this setup. Please report back with performance.

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

Well where’s the pics Marshall?

wimwuen
    LaCrosse, WI

Sorry, I’m out of town. Here’s one I took in the driveway though. I don’t have my new HDS on there yet so I don’t have a real good GPS speed. I saw 34 on my phone GPS, but that was about 20 seconds into the ride, so I’m guessing I can get 36-37 out of her on a long run. There’s not a paint chip on the prop or skeg. This is the most immaculate boat I’ve seen that didn’t come off the show room floor. Hole shot was really good with me, my dad and my 5 year old (which was more than I expected), and that Johnson 4 stroke is almost silent.

I’m more than happy at this point.

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

It’s ok Marshall i’ll forgive you I guess. Glad you found a nice boat. Any plans for a kicker on it?

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

Quote:

This is the most immaculate boat I’ve seen that didn’t come off the show room floor.

I’m more than happy at this point.

Better keep Pat out of it then. Once that smell gets in the seats, you’ll never get it out.

wimwuen
    LaCrosse, WI

somebody’s gotta kill the bite. No kicker at this time. Maybe a drift sock and an Ipilot for now

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

I agree, pat really smells. I live about twenty miles from him and every now and then I can smell the stench with the right wind. Sometimes its so bad I have to go inside and wait for the wind to change…

wimwuen
    LaCrosse, WI

Here’s the report.

We took her out Friday for the maiden fishing voyage. 3 adults (2 over 230 lbs) an almost full tank of gas and about a 1′ chop we got a little over 32mph on the GPS. I’m pretty sure 2 adults and a half tank of gas will top 35mph.

The 70 Johnson 4 stroke trolled down to about 2mph, threw out the drift sock and was able to get below 1.7 easy. On day 2, I set the motor up for trolling and steered with the bow mount (a much easier system).

The HDS 5 worked great, the rails and RAM 2000’s worked well as always. All in all I was pretty happy.

The first Walleye to hit the new boat was a 24″ Petenwell slot fish. Gotta love that.

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

Good to hear. Did you let Pat stink it up yet?

wimwuen
    LaCrosse, WI

Nope, stench free so far

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

Quote:

Nope, stench free so far

Good luck keeping it that way

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.