Alexandria Walleye report

• hhguide
    Alexandria MN

Thought I should post a Fall update as I haven’t posted a report for a few weeks been busy fishing. The fall bite has started and the jig bite is hot on alot of Lakes in the Alexandria area. Most the fish I have been catching with my clients have been in the 16 to 22 foot range. jig and Fatheads have been key. Colors really depend on the Lake you are fishing. Some of the lakes I have been fishing blues or whites have been good. As for the trolling bite thats been hot all summer long on many of the lakes. I have been trolling the edge of the drop offs with leadcore line doing well. Others have been trolling on top of the structure and catching good fish also. Overall its a great time of year to get out and enjoy the colors, weather and fishing. When looking for big fish use big minnows, the biggest you can find. The past 4 days have caught some true monsters with a couple pushing very close to 30 inches but not over. I will post pictures at a later date when I get the pictures off the camera. Good Luck to all those heading out. Feel free to call or email at any time if anyone wants to get out or has any questions about lakes or fishing. The Crankbait colors have varied but perch seems to be working well or bright colors. Strike pro baits have been working well along with some 5’s and 7’s in the rapala’s. I have found that when trolling being within a few feet of the bottom is close enough. You don’t have to be right on the bottom, just make sure if you catch a fish you know what depth you were at and how much line you had out.

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

Thanks for the Report. Sure sounds like a ton of fun.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.